Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Profile add friend, delete member, PM area disappeared   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Oct-23 by adorable32; 520 views.
adorable32

Oct-23

The area on my profile next to my picture, that is used for adding a friend , deleting and doing PMs disappeared. My account has been the same for many years and just noticed this problem. Can anyone tell me how to retrieve these items. Ana (e.g, adorable32)

gunter

Oct-23

You need to be logged in to see those items. If you still don't see them, log out, close all tabs. Then come back and log in before taking another  look.

let us know how it goes  ...

Kidmagnet

Oct-23

Your profile shows all those to me and others when we view it. However when we view our own we do not. Delphi assumes we'd not be ignoring/friending/PMing ourselves.

Here's how mine looks to me 

In reply toRe: msg 2
adorable32

Oct-23

GM Gunter

I log out. Returned and logged in again.  Still items missing. I had this profile for several years and this was never a problem. Kidmagnet below says people see hers but she does not see hers. I never had that problem, but could that be a factor here? 

MEDDLY

Oct-23

I can read your profile, you are from Memphis, you are 5'5" and you have plenty of forum friends so I'm not sure what is happening to you.

gunter

Oct-23

I see you're logging in. Something is stuck in your browser. Try deleting browsing history and cookies to clear memory.

If possible also use another browser or computer which will show that it's your browser causing this.

In reply toRe: msg 7
adorable32

Oct-23

I cleared history and cookies and tried  to enter from a different browser. Items still do not appear.  As convenient as these items are there are other ways to accomplish these tasks. If we can not fix this, I think I can still get by without them.  Let me know your thoughts.

gunter

Oct-23

Not clear if we're looking at the same thing.  Can you give us the url for the page you are opening?

Click on your name on this message to open your own Profile with Edit options or click on my name on this message to open my Profile which gives options to PM me or add as friend.

Then there is MyForums https://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums which has the Inbox for PMs and listing your Friends,

Let us know more which page you are having problems with.

adorable32

Oct-24

The page with the problem is my profile page. I could not take a pictures of it however Kidmagnet did and it is on page 5 of this tread. In her picture you can see the items like add a friend, delete, PMS. She can see this when she brings up my profile and so does Meddly.  I think if you hit on my profile you would see it also. I used to be able to see this since i have been in delphi but it has now disappeared. It was convenient to use however if it can not be fixed, there are are other ways to accomplish these tasks. What are you thoughts?