Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mailing messages to e-mai fails again   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jun-29 by aismike; 414 views.
aismike

Jun-29

As happened several months ago, sending a message to my own e-mail address (aismike@gmail.com)
fails quite often .

Michele Montagni

gunter

Jun-29

Is this via forwarding below messages and it doesn't arrive?

Check Trash and Spam folders at gmail, sometimes they intercept mail that way.

trying it here as well ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
aismike

Jun-29

Replied via e-mail with some more tests ...

Cheers,

Michele Montagni

Michele, is your email a gmail one? 

Gmail has stepped up its spam filters it seems. If you do not read your mail from the web but via an app try logging in to you gmail account from your browser. Have a look at your Delphi mail and see if gmail is asking you to confirm your desire to continue receiving mail from Delphi.

aismike

Jul-12

Don't understand what you mean by "your Delphi mail". If it means messages originating from Delphi
(e.g., messages that advise me that i message was posted to me on some forum),
I receive them regularly.
It's messages that I FORWARD to myself from a post on a forum that SOMETIMES (often...) fail
without any apparent reason.

Michele Montagni

aismike said:

It's messages that I FORWARD to myself from a post on a forum that SOMETIMES (often...) fail without any apparent reason.

See attached photo and note that I do not see this warning when viewing my mail through an email client/mail app. Only when logged into gmail via my browser.

Of course I will click Looks Safe however... my work also uses gmail and all messages arriving carry a similar warning and despite me marking it "Looks Safe" I have missed mail from clients still. Why some comes through (with a warning) and the rest is stopped (cannot locate in spam or trash) is a mystery.

Attachments