Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Problems logging in still?   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started 9/11/16 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 1950 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

9/11/16

Feel free to let me know if this is not helping. Also if it is. you can copy that message and repost it at your own forums (or those you frequent) if members there are also having problems, however if members need further help OR if this does not solve the problems please have them come in here and report it to staff.

Thank you I will work on that later today.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

9/16/16

On your PC. Give the instructions in post #1 a try. 

cwhobe

9/16/16

Your instructions are exactly what I had to do to be able to log into Delphi just now. Cleared the cache, deleted any cookies related to Delphi and cleared recent history. THEN, I typed in " forums.delphiforums.com" which I've used for years, which brought up a log in window. Typed in my long time Delphi user name and password and I was logged into Delphi.

Without clearing the cache, the only way I was able to log in to Delphi was coming in through my facebook account. BUT, this only let me log in as a basic user and only able to get the ugly zeta log in. Could not find my way around in zeta forums so I logged off of Delphi at that point.

If I was a new member of Delphi and only saw the forums in Zeta format, I would have immediately just logged out and not returned! I feel it was a big mistake to make new members only use the Zeta format. Classic is far easier to navigate.

I've been a paying member of Delphi since 1993 when it was TEXT only and we paid by the minute to type out our messages. Only free log on time was nights and weekends. Plenty of Delphi staff back then and I called and talked to various staff members several times.

If Delphi drops the Classic format, I will close my Delphi account as I dislike Zeta format and not comfortable using it.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kid (Kidmagnet)

9/16/16

First off - THANK YOU! for letting me know the instructions worked for you. They are not working for everyone.

cwhobe said:

If Delphi drops the Classic format, I will close my Delphi account as I dislike Zeta format and not comfortable using it.

I think Delphi realizes that its long time members prefer Classic.

cwhobe

9/16/16

LOL, That's why I posted it to YOU! As long as people remember their username and password, it really is best to clean everything out and start fresh.

This morning, I tried to sign up for unlimited viewing of the Fort Lauderdale, FL (Sun Sentinel) newspaper. 99 cents for 3 months. Completed the purchase and attempted to log in to my new account. Defect in the log in so I phoned customer service #. Three different people attempted to correct problem. Foreign accents didn't help but we managed. Nothing worked. Last guy finally told me someone had accidently signed me up for Orlando Sentinel paper. Asked him to cancel the account and refund my 99 cents. Impossible to complete the refund!

Have a great weekend! Fall is almost here with cooler temperatures. Carol <:(((><

• Edited September 16, 2016 1:28 pm  by  cwhobe
Coach44

9/17/16

I'm sorry, it just took me 20 min. To find this thread. This is beyond frustrating! 

Ill try the instructions in the first post tomorrow. I'm hoping that I won't lose all my passwords for other sites when I clear the cache. 

The log in problem is just one that I have. I hope the powers that be will take note.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Cstar1
Staff

9/17/16

cwhobe said:

If I was a new member of Delphi and only saw the forums in Zeta format, I would have immediately just logged out and not returned! I feel it was a big mistake to make new members only use the Zeta format. Classic is far easier to navigate.

Hi - actually, new members are quite comfortable with Zeta, and don't have any trouble navigating it.

We don't make new members use only the Zeta format, that's up to the individual forum hosts. The only place Zeta is the default is on mobile, since we're dropping the older mobile format in favor of Zeta.

The Classic interface will remain for those that prefer it, as we have said many times. 

Cstar1
Staff

9/17/16

Hi coach - I'm sorry you're having trouble with logging in. If you clear cookies on your computer, it will clear all of your cookies, including those on other sites. If you need to clear them for just Delphi, it's a bit more complicated. 

You might try logging in to http://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums and see if that works for you. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

9/20/16

This is fixed now

Just to confuse things even further with the login, Google is giving me (this would be google.ca, the US version may be different) an https address as the first one when I search for delphi forums.

Trying to login from the Home page when the address begins with https does not work. Just letting you guys know in case that pops up with others.  Using the Delphi Login link on google works fine.