Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pop ups   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started 6/29/17 by Paul (Kwihnai); 11364 views.
gunter

7/12/17

It's a mystery via it's only here for you, from the sound of it it's happening to many elsewhere. Perhaps the adware/virus is set to target specific sites.

Paul (Kwihnai)

7/12/17

That's what I'm thinking and it targets yours only for my iPad,    I can slow it down but not stop it by deleting all website data, there one other guy on Delphi that is having the same problem I'm trying to help him the stuff he gets is the same as mine.  I wish I could get a picture of it, what they send is a list of these gift cards and you select one and it's free with a 1,000.00 balance.  Yea right

Evie (EvieH)

7/22/17

Hi Gunter,

I was having issues with pop ups, etc. myself.  Long story so I'll have to go into some details, if you do not mind.  My husband and I lost our oldest boy to Cancer in Dec.  We ended up spending 6 months of this year with our other children in 3 different states.  This son used to help me with  all my computer issues as he'd worked for every big computer company you can think of.  In Missouri I began having issues with my computer running slow so we had a Tec work on it there.  He evidently left my Firewall open and after returning home my computer was a mess!  Yesterday I had an Apple Tec fix all my problems and explaining to him that I used Firefox to set up my forum I explained I wanted that back.  Well, now I can get into my own forum but as a guest plus I lost my Fixefox info and can not copy and pat.  I do not see the Delphi GoFirefox listed in my list of forums now and I know I need the Greasy Monkey for that.  I have no idea how to add that myself as my son used to do it all for me. 

Also, I am not listed as the Host of my forum when I go into to it.  I've gone in and out this morning at least 6 times and the problem remains the same.  Could you please advise me as to how to handle it?  TheTec had hold of my computer for at least 4 hours yesterday, and I do not want to go through that again today.  Thanks, if you can help me.

I use a MacBook Pro Laptop. 

Evie of: The Light Within

gunter

7/22/17

sorry to hear you've been having a difficult time.

Your forum is

http://forums.delphiforums.com/cbsguidinglight/

I see your name at the top in the forum, not sure how you mean you are not listed?

Evie (EvieH)

7/22/17

I can get to my own forum, but when I do go in it turns out I am a Guest.  Every time I have to go from there to MY FORUMS and go in by that link for my forum.  All I need are some instructions on how to get the Grease Monkey back so I can see the Editor for FF.  (The only reason I do not see the sds is becasue I have AD Block installed - in all my browsers now.

Also I will need to change the Credit Card info  in  my account to keep my Plus Membership --  as I was away for the winter and used my Debit card for another state's bank to renew my membership.  I want to switch it back to my own bank's card in Pennsylvania.  So actually I have several problems.

I did go to Host's Forum and read your other note, but going to "GoFirefox" didn't help.  I followed several links and still did not find instructions on how to add the GM to my FF Browser, and I am afraid to attempt it without knowing what to do on my own.

I believe the last time I had this problem there I found some instructions on the Start Page of Go Firefox, but the link I followed there this time did not answer my question.

Evie (EvieH)

7/22/17

No mention that's it's me or that I am a Plus Member.   It just says Welcome Evie. 

Evie (EvieH) said:

All I need are some instructions on how to get the Grease Monkey back so I can see the Editor for FF. (The only reason I do not see the sds is becasue I have AD Block installed - in all my browsers now.

You might still have GM - look in Firefox under Tools - Greasemonkey and then Manage User Scripts and see if you just need to enable the RTE

If you truly do not have Greasemonkey, and you did not back up your Firefox Profile then you won't have your saved signatures. At that time you can choose to continue with the Go Firefox Rich Text Editor or use Delphi's. If you want to try Delphi's you just need to enable it on your Preferences page (it's called the rich text editor)

If you want to use the Go Firefox one here are the links.   Here is the link for Greasemonkey and here is the link for the Rich Text Editor (it might be a different version that you previously had.  The second link is at a different forum now, however both are monitored by the same people and if you post on either one you will receive help.

Evie (EvieH) said:

No mention that's it's me or that I am a Plus Member. It just says Welcome Evie.

Being your computer underwent some stress and repair you may have lost the log in cookie (or you may have an expired one)until things get sorted, log in first by saving the link to your My Forums page http://www.delphiforums.com/myforums Then visit via your notifications and you should be fully logged in.

Els (misselsa)

7/23/17

But Evie should not be able to post if she is not logged in

From her previous post

>>>I can get to my own forum, but when I do go in it turns out I am a Guest.  Every time I have to go from there to MY FORUMS and go in by that link for my forum.<<<