Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Retrieve old Username?   Account Maintenance

Started Sep-27 by Della (dellamst1); 1291 views.
gunter

Oct-4

sam5282006 will always show and cannot be changed.  If you want a different membername you need to start over from scratch and open a new account, nothing from this one can transfer to the new one. Use New to Delphi Forums? Create an Account button on the login page to do this.

Each account needs a different email address, but if you have a gmail address you can add a dot anywhere  in your email name, such as myname@gmail.com becomes my.name@gmail.com. Delphi Forums sees that as a different address while it still ends up in the same box at gmail. 

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 8
Bill (sanslogic2)

Nov-14

I would also like to reestablish an old username of BLKLION. I have emailed member services and have not received a reply so...here I am. What steps are necessary?

gunter

Nov-14

Bill (sanslogic2) said:

BLKLION

I don't see any info on membername BLKLION. You can try opening a new account with that name but if there was an actual account at some point in the past it has been purged and the name is not available.

Bill (sanslogic2)

Nov-15

Well...that kinda stinks but there's nothing more that can be done with it. On that note...could you look into unsuspending the account of Sanslogic. I never received notice of why it was suspended except via another user here that contacted services about it and learned it was about a profile image.

gunter

Nov-15

Whatever happened to both of these names is too long ago to do anything about, it's been more than 10 years with much purging of roles.

sorry ...

Bill (sanslogic2)

Nov-15

Evidently the system knows the status of both accounts which would mean they are available for lookup. The BLKLION account, when login is attempted, reports back with account cancelled. The Sanslogic account, when login is attempted, reports back with account suspended. This would make one think that either or both of those usernames could be removed from the lookup table they're in to clear them for usage.

Bill (sanslogic2)

Nov-15

All I was (and am) asking for is to get one or both of the usernames freed up so that I can use it/them again. They were both associated to the same email address which is also unusable per Delphi. Whether the profiles are "purged" or not means little to nothing. At least I'm not requesting my original username be restored; that account was closed back while this place ran on the VAX machines.

I just threw in the links I have no actual ability here however, did you try opening a new account in one of the purged names with that email address?

Bill (sanslogic2)

Nov-15

Oh yeah...and both usernames already exist and not available. The email address is already in use because it's tied to those accounts...or at least one of them.