Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

File Attachment Size Limits for Premium Plans   Attachments

Started Oct-16 by z9y8x7; 361 views.
z9y8x7

Oct-16

I don't see the file size limits anywhere on the plan comparison page.  What is the attachment size limit for the $19.99 plan and the $49.99 plan?

Thanks,

Chris

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

Oct-16

Attachment allotment:

DelphiBasic 512k

DelphiExtra 10Megs

DelphiPlus 100Megs

Note that adding images via Insert Image on the editor toolbar does not have any limits as opposed to the above limits for using the Attach function.

In reply toRe: msg 2
z9y8x7

Oct-16

Thanks gunter.  I upgraded to DelphiPlus. 

Similar but different question. After I upgraded, I tried pasting a small formatted table from Excel into a message (NOT as an attachment).  Then I tried it from Word. Then I tried it as a .png image, which was a tiny 33 kb.  In all cases, I got a "Waiting for file to upload" message that lasted forever (I cut it off at 30 minutes).  I have a very fast connection and am running Win 10 with the latest version of Firefox.  Ultimately I had to paste from Notepad which is unformatted and then spend 10 minutes in the Delphi message formatting it, which is somewhat futile as columns never line up very well. 

Any ideas why pasting a small image or gable won't work?

In reply toRe: msg 3
gunter

Oct-17

.png should have worked - drag it into the message or copy/paste or using Insert Image, and it shouldn't take much time.  As a test, try some other image file as well, such as .gif or .jpg  to see if that works.

There is a Copy from Word  icon on the toolbar, did you us that?

Use simple filenames, no spaces.

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 3
Kidmagnet

Oct-17

Adding to gunter's reply...

If a file does not work or we cancel it before it fully loads adding another does not always work. In which case you have to cancel your message and start over (tip, copy any text you have already typed into that message to paste into the new one, saves a bit of frustration) You can try it out here (in this forum) if you like.

In reply toRe: msg 4
z9y8x7

Oct-17

Thanks, looks like it's working on my Win 7 Pro desktop.  Wouldn't work on my Win 10 laptop (powerful gaming laptop with 16 GB ram, etc, usually very fast).  Not sure why but I'll post from the desktop going forward.  Thanks.