Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Making a black background transparent   Editor Help

Started 12/3/17 by Bette O (boblak); 3744 views.
Els (misselsa)

12/4/17

Best way to save images with a transparent background is save them as .png, but that has to be done when created.

EmmaGx (EMMAGX1)

12/4/17

There are two possibilities ... firstly it's possible whomever created them created them with a black background.

... or secondly it's possible they saved them with a transparent background, but when you received them, instead of saving them to your computer, and then opening them in a graphics programme, instead you copied the transparent image from your browser, using "copy image" and then pasted them into your graphics programme, and they suddenly had a black background.

If it's the first option, then ask if they can re-save them as .png files with a transparent background.

If it's the second option, then you need to use "Save Image As" to save the original file to your computer, then open them in your graphics programme.

Either way the image you attached is a .jpg, so there's no way it would have a transparent background. It's possible as it's a "doll" that it has pixellated edges, so would be simple enough to remove the background in PSP/Photoshop ... but it'd be easier if the original images were transparent and were saved/downloaded correctly!

Bette O (boblak)

12/4/17

Can you suggest a graphics program i  could download that is not too complicated????

Bette O (boblak)

12/4/17

I know,  she usually sends a zip file so I'm at a loss, thanks for writing.

Bette O (boblak)

12/4/17

I  hope I saved the attachments,  I'll do what  you suggest.  Thanks Emma

Bette O (boblak)

12/4/17

I going to write the lady who sent them to me and ask her to save as a png with a transparent BG and resend, hope she doesn't resent it .......

EmmaGx (EMMAGX1)

12/4/17

... good luck! ... hopefully you'll find the original attachments, or your friend will be able to re-send them! ... if she's using them fine, I don't imagine they should have a black background, it was probably just a downloading/copying mistake! ... x
Bette O (boblak)

12/4/17

I figured that too, told her about the black BG but haven't heard anything.....disappointed

Bette O (boblak)

12/4/17

Thank you, gonna need it......cry