Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Navigating message threads   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started 1/6/18 by simonjb; 787 views.
simonjb

1/6/18

I access forums using a windows 7 pc via internet explorer. I have a couple of issues when it comes to navigating around discussions.

When I access a discussion I am taken either to the first message in the discussion or the most recent message in the discussion. The only way to go back from the most recent message is one message at a time by clicking on the "XXX in reply to ZZZ" link in the message. Is there a way for a pc user to navigate more easily around discussions? 

If I have a discussion that I started and where I have read all the recent posts, I cannot find a way to go straight back to the most recent post when I re-enter the discussion. When I click on my discussion it takes me all the way back to the first message I posted and I have to scroll through to the most recent. Is there a setting I can use to take me directly to the most recent message in my own discussion?

Thanks.

Cstar1
Staff

1/6/18

simonjb said:

Is there a way for a pc user to navigate more easily around discussions?

Yes, you can navigate discussions in several ways. In Zeta forums, you can click on the page number at the top of the discussion:

or on the navigation links at the bottom of the discussion.

In Classic Forums, look to the bottom of the discussion for the page numbers. 

In both cases, the page numbers are groups of messages that are based on the maximum number of messages you've selected to see in My Preferences. Most people set that to 20, but you can set it to any number. 

simonjb said:

If I have a discussion that I started and where I have read all the recent posts, I cannot find a way to go straight back to the most recent post when I re-enter the discussion.

That is kind of annoying in very long threads. I usually click on the last page number, then on ctrl-end on my keyboard to be taken to the last message. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
simonjb

1/6/18

Got it. Thank you that will be a time saver.