Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Random signatures /list   Feedback & Wishlist

Started Jun-25 by murko; 292 views.
murko

Jun-25

I would very much like a tombola -feature on signatures if possible.
Is this the place to put such a wish?

On each and every signature I create and save I would like the possibility to check/uncheck a feature "include in random list".
Let's say I have 10 signatures and 6 of them included in the random list - When I enable the "signature tombola" my next post will have a signature from that list. The next will have yet another (or the same.... depending on your random settings :)) etc...

Sometimes I'm in the mood to have famous quotes in my signature, sometimes I like to have parts of lyrics (or a song title), the next time maybe I want small pictures of Disney characters

Well you get the idea!
In general I think Delphi is a little to static - this will make it at least appear somewhat dynamic.
And, lets all agree it's a great feature  (even though signatures actually are disabled in this particular forum) :)

I've been on Delphi since March 2000 - Lets make things happen!

Edit: typo(s)

• Edited June 25, 2020 10:31 am  by  murko
In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jun-25

murko said:

I would very much like a tombola

As in rotator.

Excellent wishlist item.

Some are currently using a free outside site to host that https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/

Els (misselsa)

Jun-25

For a rotator you have to refresh the page to see a different one when you read more messages from the same person in the thread.

I always use the options menu to change to the sig I want to use, depending on my mood, the season or whatever :)

murko

Jun-25

No that's not the way it should work.
A signature in a written post can't change (not even a random one) since it's part of the post
The tombola (or rotator) should work with each and every post written and not just as a random text that updates whenever you hit F5

Edit: Ah, my mistake - maybe you ment the free page KidMagnet talked about!? Didn't know it did that - cause that's not was I was after (as I wrote above) :D

• Edited June 25, 2020 4:05 pm  by  murko
murko

Jun-25

That's an excellent rotator....for images at least so I might consider using that for those.
Still would love a built-in option for the sig-creator we use on Delphi, for text-rotating signatures :)

Thanks for info and have a nice summer.

Edit: Didn't kow that rotator actually changed image just on F5 and that's not what I was after - sorry

• Edited June 25, 2020 4:07 pm  by  murko
In reply toRe: msg 5
seantait25

Jul-12

ignore deletion ...

• Edited July 12, 2020 3:37 pm  by  gunter