Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Downgrade an account?   Billing - Plus/Extra

Started Sep-21 by DESN (DESN2); 585 views.
gunter

Sep-21

System won't work changing membership level when using PayPal until current subscription runs out.

checking what can be done ...

WaltHowe
Staff

Sep-22

Cancel all plans at PayPal, including the $49.50 annual one. We know you have overpaid, and we need to get the subscriptions under control and figure out what we owe you. We can give you a refund through PayPal and/or credit you with the time you have paid for on the basis of the quarterly Plus plan. We will certainly refund the $49.50 if it goes through.  PayPal cannot adjust expiration dates, so to get the payment dates under control, the cancellations at PayPal are necessary,. We will keep you on Plus until this is straightened out.

DESN (DESN2)

Sep-22

OK. I have cancelled all automatic payments on Pay Pal. They are still on the list, showing up as inactive, which is the only option I have. The $49.50 one has never shown up. I will keep watching for it.

I would take a refund or a credit to extend the subscription, whichever is easier. When the next payment is due, will I get a notice via email to pay since the automatic subscription has been disabled?
WaltHowe
Staff

Sep-22

I put you back on quarterly Plus and applied the two payments you were charged. You are now paid until next April. Your subscription will remain active that entire time, but will not renew at the end of the period. 

If you want to continue to pay with PayPal, wait until just before your expiration date and open  a new subscription with them. Don't do it now, because PayPal will treat it as a new subscription starting now and give you no credit for what has already been paid.

Alternatively, you can pay with a credit or debit card with Delphi directly. If you change to credit card payment and open the subscription now, you won't be charged until the current subscription expires.

DESN (DESN2)

Sep-23

Thanks for fixing all that. A couple of questions. Will I get a notification when the subscription is about to expire? If I don't get it renewed, will it revert back to basic? If it does, that's OK...it will just remind me to start the subscription again. I just don't want it to close the account. Is it easier/better for you to deal with a credit card instead of PayPal?
WaltHowe
Staff

Sep-23

I'm not sure you will get a reminder in this situation, but if the subscription expires, you will still be active at Basic level.

We can be much more flexible with credit card payment. If you change plans in the middle of  a subscription, we automatically credit the unexpired amount to your account and take if off the billing for your new subscription. Or if you renew a subscription that was set to close at the end of the paid period, you will not be charged for the new one until the old one expires. PayPal has no such flexibility; it does not interact with our subscription records and just handles new subscriptions and renewals on fixed dates.

DESN (DESN2)

Sep-23

OK--good to know. Thanks for your help.