Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Unable to use Java Applet   Chat

Started 11/2/21 by Risa (Risa25); 660 views.
JayJ (XJayJX)

11/4/21

I just thought of something.
Go to my preferences at the top of the screen and make sure you have checked the box "to view all Zeta forums in classic mode. And then if you enter a chat, don't click that java applet.
Els (misselsa)

11/5/21

I think you and Risa are talking about 2 different things. We used java to chat in the past but java is not secure and browsers don't support java anymore. Zeta chat works fine, for Classic and Zeta forums.

JayJ (XJayJX)

11/5/21

That could be Els. Like I said, I'm no expert.

Hopefully, she will find her solution from someone who is.

Risa (Risa25)

11/5/21

I have checked the box under preferences to view chats in classic format. This allows me to view the forum in classic mode but not to CHAT in classic; there's a difference. I tried both loading and not loading the Java applet; either way forces me to chat IN the chatroom using Zeta so I am no longer given a choice.
Risa (Risa25)

11/5/21

Hi Els and thanks! I was still using Java to chat up until last Friday night. My computer crashed the next morning, and the new hard drive doesn't have the version of IE that allowed Java; apparently none of the browsers (Edge, Chrome, or Firefox) will allow it. Apparently it's not secure enough although I never had a problem with it, but I don't use a phone or tablet to chat. Don't know if that makes a difference but I was happy with Java. Guess I'll have to adjust to the new format. I must have entered the ranks of Old Fartdom *smile*