** General Topics & Intros** -  Does Anyone really use Delphi anymore? (260 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Tish (newtish) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host2/8/16 23:02 
To: All  (1 of 28) 

I have become rather depressed today. I was doing some behind the scenes work on my lists and found that 20 forums that I used to visit are either now closed or defunct and there is very little activity on many of my other favourites.

Many friends I have made on Delphi over the past 18 years have also dropped away from Delphi.

Some I have kept up with on Facebook, as they don't "Delphi" anymore.

I really dislike the new formatting here, that is why we still have the old style design here.

I know the last 18 months I haven't been around much, but when I do post there is little response.

Is this everyone's experience and should I call it a day with my forums?

"Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God no matter the conflict." -Anon.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -- Unknown

Find more about Weather in Penrith, AU

To: Tish (newtish) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 28) 
 11360.2 in reply to 11360.1 

yes I experienced this same thing...I have been on delphi sence the year 2000, have 3 forums. use to have 4. and they are mostly dead..maybe we can help each other about this? lately I have been trying to get my forums visited...you know...anyway. is there any way we can do this together..and for each other...work together and get some promos " or something to get both our forums to get visitors...again? our forums are very important to have and keep out there...I believe this and I think you do too..so I will wait for your reply

To: Tish (newtish) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 28) 
 11360.3 in reply to 11360.1 

please stay here with me and never leave.. that is my plan...and it has also been very hard..and seen many persons leave and never come back..maybe we could help each other? I am willing and here in case you would like to do something like that...hang in there...this is important.. 

To: All  (4 of 28) 
 11360.4 in reply to 11360.3 

you are not gone for good are you? come on you need to come back here and finish what you started...just like myself...

From: Tish (newtish) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host21/11/16 18:43 
To: Writinlifer DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 28) 
 11360.5 in reply to 11360.4 

Thank you for the encouraging words.

I am still around but with a busy life I just don't get the time to be here at Delphi. I used to run a daily chat room on my primary forum Shout to the Lord. I haven't opened that room in 3 years since City chat came on board Delphi and decimated the chat rooms.

If you check out the boards I am posting on all forums still, just not as often.

"Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God no matter the conflict." -Anon.

"Life is not waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -- Unknown

To: Tish (newtish) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 28) 
 11360.6 in reply to 11360.5 

please do not leave this forum...we all need you here and you have got to keep coming here and doing what you do best.. which is taking care of this forum...and running this place...just saying....good luck and God bless you...

To: All  (7 of 28) 
 11360.7 in reply to 11360.2 

I am still waiting for your reply

To: Tish (newtish) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 28) 
 11360.8 in reply to 11360.5 

I have been away for years but now I am back and need some help ok? will you please help me??

To: All  (9 of 28) 
 11360.9 in reply to 11360.6 

these forums are all we have. so we have to work together to keep our forums no matter how long we happened to be gone before we came back...  grrrr....makes me really upset you too right??

From: Tish (newtish) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host4/12/16 19:54 
To: Writinlifer DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 28) 
 11360.10 in reply to 11360.7 

Look at post number 5 in this thread

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-28
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.