ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Gilmore Girls   Television by Title

Started 4/6/01 by brb; 27160 views.
brb

Nov-28

Gilmore Girls remake is finally available on Netflix.  Day after Thanksgiving. I watched the first one.  Almost all the scenes in the promos are in this first one. 

It is called "Winter".  So I guess the other three will be called Spring, Summer and Fall after the opening song line.

We see a short shot of Lorelai's last boyfriend (Chris Eigeman) but she has been living with Luke (Scott Patterson) all time in between.  No mention of marriage.  As left it in the last show a ring was given, a wedding was implied.  We have not found out why not yet.

Lane (Keiko Agena) has at least two kids it seems, they are background.  One has a Korean name, the other a very American name.  It's a funny throw away.

Zach, Lane's husband is being sucked into the corporate world, "gotta make money man".  But he doesn't like it.  You think Lane will eventually follow her mom into the Antique business.

Rory (Alexis Bledel) is all grown seemingly in her 30's.  She inherited her mother's commitment issues it seems.  It's not as likable as it is with her mom.

Emily Gilmore (Kelly Bishop) has a big part.  She is wonderful, the plot is great.

Oh yes Kirk (Sean Gunn) is back.  Same silliness.  Still trying to make a buck with hair brained schemes.

Paris Geller has a big role.  They have envisioned her grown up making lots of money in a quirky business.  Mentioned what her old steady boyfriend is doing, but I forgot.  We don't see him.

Taylor Doose (Michael Winters) is back as him normal self.

Michel Gerard  (Yanic Truesdale) is now married.  But it does not change him any.

We see Gypsy with a subplot, also Miss Patty.

Also the troubadour Grant-Lee Phillips has scenes, one with his reputed sister who he runs off.  Perhaps his real sister?

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Nov-28

I have watched the first three episodes. Hopefully I'll finish the last one tonight.

It's really fun seeing all the old characters again. Did you notice the actress who plays Gypsy is also nearly unrecognizable as Emily's new housekeeper? It was a running gag on the old show that Emily could never find a housekeeper she liked (there was a new one nearly every episode), but now she seems have finally found one.

It's no surprise the handling of Lorelai's marriage has been vague. That plot line occurred during the final season when creator Amy Sherman-Palladino was no longer involved. I think she probably wanted to forget it happened.

My only real nitpick: The whole thing with Rory traveling back and forth to visit Logan is kind of clumsy. It results in too many scenes with Rory and Lorelai talking on the phone, and then suddenly being back together in the next scene. I wonder if this was done to accommodate the actresses schedules?

Showtalk
Host

Nov-28

I saw it and I liked it, sort of. They left out a lot and threw in things that seemed like filler. I will explain more after you have seen it.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-28

Look at Esther. I think that is also played by the same person.

Loralei was married?  I don't remember that.

Yes, it seemed choppy. I didn't think about schedules.  I assumed they would all clear their calendars for the filming schedule if they could.   

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Nov-29

Lorelai married Christopher during the seventh season. It didn't last and they split up. At the end it was implied that she was with Luke.

Stan (SG980728252)

Nov-29

"Slut" is not a technical term. It's an opinion, a very subjective judgment based on the standards of the person using it.

This leads directly to the definition of slut I've always used: a person who has more sex than the person doing the namecalling. And make no mistake: calling someone a slut, even a fictional character, is namecalling plain and simple.

Bruce, we've never spoken directly but you've always presented yourself as a gentle Christian man. While I am neither of those things {I'm a gentleman but not always a gentle man} I've always appreciated friends who are. But your underlying disparaging tone isn't pretty. Altho Leilani seemed harsh in calling you out for it, I believe she's correct to do so. Your board persona strikes me as that of a humble man but your words imply a feeling of superiority and judgmentalism. I don't know if your bible mentions "live and let live" but I think it should.

brb

Nov-29

Did I say slut?  I think I meant one could see her that way, perhaps.  Hmmm.

How long ago was this?

Showtalk
Host

Nov-29

You realize the post you replied to is from 2001?  Utter was the owner of Showbiz who passed away almost ten years ago.

Stan (SG980728252)

Nov-30

You realize the post you replied to is from 2001?  Utter was the owner of Showbiz who passed away almost ten years ago.

I feel foolish. The post showed up in my current unread messages and I never looked at the date. To Bruce and all readers here, please accept my apology for not paying attention. I'll be more diligent in the future.