ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story   Movies by Title

Started 12/21/16 by Showtalk; 439 views.   View Article
Showtalk

12/21/16

In a time of conflict, a group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction. Have you seen it?
ANNMTM

12/21/16

I will wait for the crowds to die down, but am looking forward to it.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

12/21/16

I am too.

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

12/22/16

This posting and wonderful forum have been featured in today's Delphi Community Daily News http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=1999.1

Showtalk
Host

12/22/16

Thank you! You don't see it but this started as a Live Story. The one running now that I'm going to replace today is about Home Alone.

WWW3

12/22/16

This was a quick review I wrote on it -

"Rogue One" - What can I say? It's Star Wars. Hard to say anything without spoilers..... It's the story of how the Rebel Alliance got the plans to the Death Star so it could be destroyed at the end of Episode IV. Huge cast - keep an eye out for actors and characters from the other Star Wars movies. Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) and Diego Luna (Cassian Andor) star and they make a good Star Wars couple - very much like Leia and Han Solo. Alan Tudyk provides the voice of K-2SO - the BEST droid yet (who obviously has not studied Aasimov's Laws of Robotics). Donnie Yen as Chireut Imwe, a blind Jedi, kicks some serious Empire butt. Peter Cushing died in 1994, but thanks to CGI, he reprises his role as Grand Moff Tarkin. Ditto for a young Carrie Fisher (Liea) at the end. Quibbles - 1. Darth Vader's cape flaps in the wind in the vacuum of space. 2. As in "The Force Awakens" scale is variable. 3. Continuity glitches. I'm a Star Wars fan and I enjoyed it a lot. A good "Star Wars" fix until Episode VIII comes out next year. (12/15/16)

In reply toRe: msg 6
Showtalk
Host

12/22/16

Thank you. A reminder, we do not do politics here at all, so you should please consider removing the Trump line from your sig when you post here.  

brb

12/23/16

Thanks for posting that.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Showtalk
Host

12/25/16

We can no longer edit out sigs, so we are stuck with the political line.  We have gotten along here for 20 years without a single political fight by not bringing it to the forum, and I don't intend to have any now. 

brb

12/25/16

Who me?

(Innocent look.)