ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

ABC 2017 Fall Schedule   TV/Radio Salad

Started 5/16/17 by Tony W. (TONYW1); 1015 views.
In reply toRe: msg 17
Tony W. (TONYW1)

Oct-3

ABC has picked up The Good Doctor for the full season.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-4

Will they cancel Ten Days in the Valley? It’s a limited series but didn’t even attract enough audience to air again.  I watched and it was terrible.

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Oct-4

Ten Days in the Valley got off to a really bad start. If it can't improve on its 0.5 18-49 rating, ABC might actually pull it off the schedule.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-4

It won’t improve.  It’s poorly written and even Kyra Sedgwick could not help it.

Wow, how interesting.

Where is your Annual Fall New Shows Introduction?

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Oct-5

I did not do my annual predictions this year. It was a combination of not really having enough time to devote to it, and a changing TV landscape that has put less emphasis on the traditional fall premiere season. The broadcast networks now sprinkle a lot more shows throughout the year (fall, midseason and Summer), and of course there is much more competition from cable and streaming networks. When I thought about all the work involved in trying to include all those extra shows, I realized I just didn't have the time to do it. And it doesn't really make sense anymore to restrict the predictions to just the broadcast networks.

I know many of you enjoyed the predictions. I did too. Maybe I will find a way to get it done next year.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-5

You can still talk about shows you like and shows that are not doing well.

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Oct-26

We have the first cancellation of the season:

ABC has pulled Ten Days in the Valley off the schedule effective immediately. Starting this Sunday, Shark Tank will air in its place. The remaining episodes will air on Saturday nights starting December 16, with the finale airing on January 6.

The show was only averaging a 0.4 18-49 rating, making it by far ABC's lowest rated show of the season. (In fact, that rating would be low even on The CW.)

brb

Oct-26

I don't even remember the name.

Showtalk
Host

Oct-26

I was bad. I gave it up but may watch the finale to see if they get the girl back.