ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CBS 2017 Fall Schedule   TV/Radio Salad

Started 5/17/17 by Tony W. (TONYW1); 2978 views.
In reply toRe: msg 18
Tony W. (TONYW1)

10/12/17

CBS has picked up SEAL Team for the full season. 22 episodes.

Showtalk
Host

10/12/17

I like the dog.

In reply toRe: msg 20
Tony W. (TONYW1)

11/1/17

CBS has pulled Me, Myself & I off the schedule, effectively cancelling it. A repeat of Big Bang Theory will air in its place next week, and then Man with a Plan kicks off season 2 starting November 13.

The show got off to a decent start with a 1.6 18-49 rating, but it steadily declined until hitting a low of 0.7 this week. It will remain in production until all 13 episodes have been filmed. Six have already aired, and CBS says the remaining seven will air "at a later date."

Showtalk
Host

11/1/17

Like Saturday nights.

In reply toRe: msg 22
Tony W. (TONYW1)

Mar-27

CBS has picked up SWAT and SEAL Team for second seasons.

No surprises there. These are CBS' #3 and #4 dramas (behind NCIS and Bull).

Showtalk
Host

Mar-28

Any new cancellations?

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Mar-28

So far the only confirmed CBS cancellations are Wisdom of the Crowd and Me, Myself & I. The only other shows that appear to be in danger are 9JKL and Living Biblically. Madam Secretary is currently CBS' lowest-rated show, but the network almost never cancels its own production studio's veteran shows in their fourth season (or fifth, or sixth) regardless of ratings, so I expect it to return (although, like another low-rated CBS Studios production Elementary, it's possible it could be pushed to midseason or Summer).

Showtalk
Host

Mar-28

Why do they keep shows that are barely hanging on?

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Mar-28

Shows like Madam Secretary and Elementary, which are produced and owned by the network, can stay on the air despite low ratings because of syndication and international distribution revenue. But there always comes a breaking point as a show gets older and more expensive, and for CBS in recent years that tends to happen around season 6.

Showtalk
Host

Mar-28

Neither is a very strong show.  They started out with possibilities but ram through them very quickly.