ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Storm Harvey   General Chaos

Started Sep-1 by Showtalk; 191 views.
Showtalk
Host

Sep-1

How are you doing with all rain?  is anyone else here affected?

ANNMTM

Sep-1

No, I'm in CA. Is Bruce in the Houston/hard hit area?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Sep-1

Last I heard, he was.

brb

Sep-2

We are high and dry. Thanks for asking.

We live in an older part of town where a lot of expense over the years on flood abatement.  Sewer bonds. Most of the pictures you are seeing are from newer neighborhoods, suburban neighborhoods.

But I did stupidly take my car out Saturday night and got water damage.  One just hates to be cooped up.

It's amazing how much people have given and helped one another in the aftermath.

If you want to give you are better finding a smaller, local relief agency to give to.

In reply toRe: msg 5
brb

Sep-2

I've walked and bicycled around the area just east of downtown where I live. I live in an older area. Buffalo Bayou is still over it's banks.  They are having to do a controlled release from two dams, causing some of the flooding you are seeing.

My brother is out of his house because otherwise he would be trapped. The waters will likely be down in a few days.

My sister lives in Katy now. She is still in place I think.  Water got close but not in. 

My son also lives in Katy. He has two children. They were going crazy with the kids being bored.

I always lose power during a hurricane. But not this time.  All my relatives did not lose power.  This can be dangerous if the waters rise too much.  A lot of people tried to stay home even with water in house hoping it would recede soon.  Some got electricuted sadly. Someone should have told them to switch power off.  This has never been a problem before. Usually back high winds turn the power off for you.

In reply toRe: msg 5
LARWAND

Sep-3

What are the names of the smaller relief agencies?