ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Original ShowBiz Forum Founder has died   People

Started Sep-21 by Showtalk; 281 views.
Showtalk
Host

Sep-21

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Sep-21

Bill Warren was never a member of Delphi, but his forum lives on.  It was taken over by Gary Utter in the early 1990s and brought here in 1996 by Gary.  He became ill and I was given the W flag.  I just found the entry today which is why it's a year old.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Sep-21

This was posted here for ShowBiz members who knew him.  Please do not repost in other forums where people did not know or work with him. If anyone wants to talk about him, they may do so here.  

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

Sep-22

This notice has been featured in today's Delphi Daily News ~ Join in!

http://forums.delphiforums.com/news1/messages/?msg=2611.1

Showtalk
Host

Sep-22

Thank you.

Bike (URALTOURIST1)

Sep-26

I find your comment that you need to discuss the Founder here rather odd.  It is promoed and on Delphi News, a really nicely held communal thought thing.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-26

" In 1989, he created the ShowBiz Roundtable for the online service GEnie to generate discussions about films and other aspects of show business. He may have been the first critic credentialed by the MPAA to write online reviews."

That's pretty neat!

Showtalk
Host

Sep-26

Why is it odd to want to bring together anyone who knew him? He was a brilliant man.  Sadly, we have lost three members here who I know for sure knew him to early deaths due to illnesses.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-26

He was the first critic and in those days, before my time online, his was the only full service entertainment forum online. It was before the internet.  Everything was downloaded to a computer via email or a program, read offline and answered then uploaded to the forums.  I stumbled on ShowBiz after it had been around for a while and was in awe of him and his crew.  I never dreamed it would end up as my responsibility someday.  I wish I had more online time to devote to this forum,  but once I started other forums, my time was split and I went where I was most needed,

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Sep-26

Showtalk said:

Everything was downloaded to a computer via email or a program, read offline and answered then uploaded to the forums.

Thanks for explaining that! I wondered how it worked.