ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

American Idol 2018 on ABC   TV by Title (Unscripted)

Started 3/19/18 by Showtalk; 3170 views.
LARWAND

3/20/18

You think this is the best season of AI ?

Showtalk
Host

3/20/18

It might be. The judges know what they are doing and they are already showing singers who can win. There are fewer poor auditions.  When they say no, it’s done without drama, as kindly as possible.

What do you think?

Tony W. (TONYW1)

3/21/18

I'm not watching as intently as I used to, but I have been keeping an eye on the audition rounds. They do seem to have a strong group of talent, but maybe that's because they're not showing as many bad auditions as they used to. I also think they're spending more time on the background stories earlier in the audition process, which helps us remember who the singers are.

LARWAND

3/21/18

I've only watched a little bit of the show so I don't have an opinion yet.

Showtalk
Host

3/21/18

I wonder if they are showing more who will make it into the top 24, which they know because it happened a few months ago.  I hope so.  It was disappointing to get attached to someone extremely good at the auditions who disappeared from the top 24.

Showtalk
Host

3/21/18

I will pay more attention when they get to Hollywood Week.

LARWAND

3/21/18

One of the problems it is on the same time as The Voice. I know I could go back and watch it and probably will once they go through all the auditions.

How do you like the judges?

Showtalk
Host

3/21/18

That is their secret weapon. The judges are the best I’ve ever seen on the show.  They are talented and kind. They are giving excellent advice to the singers.

LARWAND

3/22/18

I watched an hour of the show last night. The few singers they had on there were really good.

A lot of people don't like Katy Perry. I thought she was okay.

Showtalk
Host

3/22/18

I didn’t think I liked her until I saw her on the show.  She is kind and smart.