ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CBS 2018 Fall Schedule   TV/Radio Salad

Started 5/16/18 by Tony W. (TONYW1); 5764 views.
Showtalk
Host

4/2/19

It looks like NCIS: LA could be cancelled.  Lots of speculation.

Tony W. (TONYW1)

4/3/19

I've heard a lot of speculation about NCIS: LA from fans based on some recent story lines. I don't watch the show so I can't speak to that, but ratings have been fine (it's only down about 3% from last year) so unless there are some contract issues with the cast I can't imagine CBS not bringing it back.

The only dramas CBS has renewed so far are the three new ones: God Friended Me, Magnum P.I. and FBI. Plus Criminal Minds which is getting one final season. NCIS, NCIS: LA and NCIS: New Orleans are the three highest rated among the remaining dramas, followed by SEAL Team, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0 and SWAT. I would be surprised if they didn't all get picked up.

The only dramas that would appear to be in danger due to low ratings are Bull, MacGyver and Madam Secretary. But all three of them have valid reasons for getting renewed too.

Showtalk
Host

4/3/19

I watched it this week and they introduced two new characters. They also have a new Muslim female agent.  Their two tech people are moving to San Francisco, so they are probably leaving the show. Sam, the main character, was offered a job elsewhere.

i must be reading a different rating system because Seal Team was at the top and Blue Bloods was way down on the list.

Tony W. (TONYW1)

4/4/19

SEAL Team and Blue Bloods are very close in 18-49 ratings for the season (0.81 and 0.80 respectively). That puts them in the middle of a bunch of shows that have similar ratings. God Friended Me is #7 on CBS with a 0.91 average, while MacGyver is #21 with a 0.72 average. So that's 15 shows within 0.20 of a ratings point of each other. That's why I think this year CBS will be renewing almost their entire schedule.

I tried to insert an image here, but I don't think I can do that? So here's a link to the current CBS ratings (both 18-49 and total viewers):

https://gyazo.com/30e953ff4b991d2e7b370169cf42a68b

Showtalk
Host

4/4/19

If they are doing that well they don’t have to work so hard to find new programming.  They can test out new shows mid season.

For some reason, I thought that when Criminal Minds ended over a month ago, that this was the final season.
Tony W. (TONYW1)

4/12/19

No surprise here:

Blue Bloods has been picked up for a 10th season.

Apparently the only reason it wasn't picked up earlier was because Tom Selleck's contract was expiring after this season. He has now signed a new deal, so the show will be back.

Showtalk
Host

4/13/19

How long does the contract last?

Showtalk
Host

4/13/19

What is the story behind the FBI spinoff?  It was not very good.