ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CBS 2018 Fall Schedule   TV/Radio Salad

Started 5/16/18 by Tony W. (TONYW1); 3597 views.
Tony W. (TONYW1)

Apr-13

Selleck signed a one-year deal. That's not unusual. Once a veteran show reaches the end of year 6 or 7, that's when the initial contracts usually expire and the year-to-year negotiations begin.

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Apr-13

No news yet on the FBI spinoff. The April 2 episode got a 0.9 18-49 rating, right on par with its average which has been in the 0.9-1.0 range all season.

Of course Dick Wolf is the master of spinoffs with his Law & Order and Chicago series, so I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI #2 gets picked up.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-14

I thought I read it’s already been tentatively picked up.  I have decided to watch fewer CBS shows.  I’m worried about getting attached to shows that could move to All Access.  They also put in streaming restrictions.

• Edited April 14, 2019 4:03 pm  by  Showtalk
Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-24

Ugh!  I’m a CBS addict, so is DH, and I have wondered if they are going to go all access.  ESP in view of the Dish and Comcast contract issues.  Our local CBS has been off the air for Dish issues.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

It’s a problem. If you stream you have to buy their channel, which I didn’t.  If you have one of the paid streaming channels like YouTube TV, only CW and CBS have mandatory commercials.  They treat every show as if it is On Demand and everyone is treated the same.  Other networks allow viewers to skip commercials.

Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-25

I don’t have any streaming channels and probably wouldn’t pay for CBS All Access, either.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

It only makes sense if you have no other options.

Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-25

Yes,  o matter how I try, I can’t get the numbers/cost to work.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-25

Because it doesn’t. They are expensive when you start stacking services.

Jeri (azpaints)

Apr-25

That’s what my calculator said!