ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CBS 2018 Fall Schedule   TV/Radio Salad

Started 5/16/18 by Tony W. (TONYW1); 5761 views.
ANNMTM

5/17/18

I didn't see the charm in the lead on Magnum. I like the Higgins character.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Showtalk
Host

5/17/18

I plan to watch the first episode and then decide.  I did that with MacGyver and couldn’t get into the show at all.

Showtalk
Host

5/17/18

I haven’t seen the trailer yet.  

Showtalk
Host

5/17/18

I’m going to approach it as a brand new show.  Jay Hernandez is an odd choice. They have turned him into a fighter but the fight scenes look fake.  Higgins is already annoying. The new Rick looks almost identical to the first Rick which is a little creepy.  They didn't show enough of TC but the new one seems alright

Is Tom going to be in both shows?
Tony W. (TONYW1)

5/17/18

As far as I know, Tom Selleck is not involved in the Magnum P.I. reboot. He's busy with Blue Bloods.

ANNMTM

5/17/18

lol I didn't watch the first McGyver, so didn't try the re-boot. I did watch Hawaii Five O (original), and have seen some eps of the new one but didn't take to it.

I thought "God Friended Me" looked good. Kind of reminded me of Early Edition. I'm not religious, but it sparked my interest.

Showtalk
Host

5/17/18

I liked the new 5-0.  If a show I remember is redone, I treat it like a new show.

ANNMTM

5/18/18

I think I just get used to things being a certain way. The time between the old and new Five O should have been enough, but it just didn't grab me.

The only re-boot I actually liked was Battlestar Galactica. The two were so vastly different that I was fine with it.

Your treating the new re-boots as a new show is wise. I'm just old and crotchety. I really enjoyed the original Magnum and the lead in the pre-view just didn't do it for me.

• Edited May 18, 2018 12:23 am  by  ANNMTM
Tony W. (TONYW1)

5/18/18

I think you hit the nail on the head. The odds that you will enjoy a reboot probably depend on how big a fan you were of the original. I had never seen the original Hawaii Five-0 other than a few clips over the years, so the reboot was a completely new show for me and I loved it. I had seen the original Battlestar Galactica, but I was not a fan (too cheesy for me), so I thought the reboot was great. I kind of grew up on the original Beverly Hills 90210, so naturally I though the reboot was dreck. I was a pretty big fan of the original Charmed and Roswell, so I am not holding my breath that I will enjoy either reboot. MacGyver is kind of a toss-up for me. Both the original and the reboot are goofy fun, but I'm not attached to either of them.