ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

God Friended Me   Television by Title

Started 1/1/19 by brb; 3128 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

4/23/19

Thread drift.  I was referring to Grays Anatomy as being on the air a long time.  Yes, God Friended Me is Season 1.  Ooooppps.  Sorry.

Showtalk
Host

4/24/19

Yes it has. I watched two seasons of Grays then got bored with it. I’m not sure why but at the time it made sense.

Jeri (azpaints)

4/24/19

LOL...pretty much my history with the show, also.  And to be honest I suspect if another show came on at the same time that I liked, I probably would walk away from Grays.  Sad to admit, but I have limited tolerance for family based shows and Grays drifts that way too often to really grab me.  Which is another reason I’m surprised at my liking of God Friended Me.  

Showtalk
Host

4/24/19

I don’t mind family based, but Meredith has a few whiney seasons.  I gave up Scandal and Empire because they both got too gory.

Jeri (azpaints)

4/24/19

LOL, whiny is right.  I loved Scandal, but couldn’t get past all the sex and gore promos for Empire, so haven’t watched a single episode.  I think I got enough family and kids interaction with my own family, hehehe.

Showtalk
Host

4/25/19

Empire is a night time soap.  I watched for two seasons because I like the stars but then it became too much.  There was one Scandal episode where the fixer guy was covered in blood and it was way too much for the storyline.

Jeri (azpaints)

4/25/19

I like the Empire stars, too.  But it just didn’t grab me.  

Showtalk
Host

4/25/19

That’s why I gave it up too.  I got bored with it.

• Edited April 25, 2019 10:25 pm  by  Showtalk
brb

5/13/19

I love God Friended Me.  It's a fun premise.  The actors are interesting.

In reply toRe: msg 42
Jeri (azpaints)

5/14/19

And the storylines for each of them are interesting and match in tone.