ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

American Idol 2019   TV by Title (Unscripted)

Started Jan-26 by Showtalk; 381 views.
Showtalk
Host

Mar-25

I’m watching even though I said I wouldn’t.  They found some excellent singers, but I get annoyed when my favorites leave too soon.  Are you watching this season?

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Mar-26

I'm kind of watching in fast-forward mode. Way too much fluff and filler in these audition rounds. But they do have some good singers in there. Some of my early favorites are Madison (she sang Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone"), Myra (the young girl from Vietnam), Walker (sang "Your Song"), and Margie (the giggly blonde girl who needs to find more confidence).

Showtalk
Host

Mar-26

I also like Wade Cota who has an unusual voice.  Reminds me of some of the older singers.  And the girl with the long blond hair whose dad is a famous country singer.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-19

I don’t know how they can take such a strong group of singers and ruin the show, again...  This season they mostly brought in professionals who were already working successfully in small venues or who have strong voice training.  They should have had the best to 10 ever.  But voters chose for other reasons, and some of the best singers went home.  Wade Cota is the most marketable of the singers, but I see a lot of negatives about him on various sites.  Riley could have swept the country market but they kept Alyssa Raghu who is going to go home in the next week or two.  Ashley Hess is excellent but voters didn’t understand her style.  Of those left, Alejandro, Madison, Wade, Jeremiah and Laine have the best shot at a top 2 spot. Dimitrius is classically trainer, but voters didn’t pick him. It’s I teresint how male-heavy the top is.  Also, interesting, they have three openly gay males, Uche, Jeremiah and Dimitrius in the top 10.  Since young girl voters tend to vote for “crushes” I can see Laine pulling a lot of the female vote, talent aside.  Jeremiah has an excellent voice but I wonder if they overdid his family problems and church story.  It was interesting the first time, not so much by the fifth time we heard it.

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Apr-19

I'm with you on Riley. I thought for sure she would get in ahead of Alyssa Raghu. Riley could have gone far. So, no country singers left?

I'm not a fan of Uche. He's an entertainer for sure, but not that great a singer. I kind of feel the same about Wade. He might be great fronting a rock band, but as a solo artist? I'm not sure.

Madison has been compared to Kelly Clarkson, and I can definitely see that. And that might be a problem for her. Great voice, but is she unique?

Laci Kaye Booth is okay, but I would have rather seen Riley or even Ashley get in ahead of her.

I like your predictions. I think we could be looking at a Wade, Alejandro, Madison final 3.

Showtalk
Host

Apr-19

We could see that trio as the finalists.  I don’t see the Laci fever.  She has a nice voice, a little country but that is all. Madison has an excellent voice but she isn’t a whole package.  If enough young girls vote, Laine could squeak by the others.  I don’t see Elvis, though.  I see a nice young man who found a niche but it seems a little forced.  Uche got in because he cried,  I’m convinced of it.  I think Alyssa got in partly because Riley and Ashley are both blondes and they are always accused of having too many of them.  It’s not like anyone who is pulled in at the end by the judges ever wins.  The only ones with enough fan support now to win are the top 7.  People tend to pick favorites early on and stick with them unless they are eliminated.  

Showtalk
Host

Apr-19

I never said but Wade and Dimitrius are my favorites.  Wade for being unique and soulful and Dimitrius for having possibly the best voice.  I think his gang look put people off but they should look past it and listen to his voice.