ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Golden Years   Television by Title

Started Jul-3 by Circa1948; 84 views.
Circa1948

Jul-3

One show I was really upset to see cancelled soon after it began was Stephen King's "The Golden Years" (1991). It was about an explosion in the most secret laboratory of the USA. After an accident in the plant an old guard named Harlan Williams instead of growing older, begins to get younger and younger. Government agents hunt the fugitive Harlan and his wife on a hunt across the U.S. After it's initial few weeks airing  the announced we should keep our eye out for it come next season. Well, I was ready and it wasn't ... ever :-(

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Jul-5

Yeah, this was a miniseries that was supposed to lead into a regular series, but the series never happened so the cliffhanger ending of the miniseries was never resolved.

According to the Stephen King wiki, the home video version changed the ending to be more optimistic but I've never seen it.

Circa1948

Jul-5

I haven't either, I sure would have liked to see it last longer than a month. I remember a poignant episode where Harlan's wife had to deal with the fact her hubby is growing younger and she is getting older and what if he loses interest in her. Here Stephen King had a bit part as the bus driver.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P3kqJrrZ_Y

Showtalk
Host

Jul-5

I don’t remember it. I must not have watched it.

Circa1948

Jul-5

It's worth a look and is on youtube, :) 

Showtalk
Host

Jul-5

Thank you. I will.