ShowBiz

Hosted by Showtalk

Everything ShowBiz: TV, Film, People, Books and News for over 25 years!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NBC 2019 Fall Schedule   TV/Radio Salad

Started May-12 by Tony W. (TONYW1); 457 views.
Tony W. (TONYW1)

May-12

NBC announced its 2019 fall schedule today (* indicates a new show):

Monday
8:00 - The Voice
10:00 - Bluff City Law *

Tuesday
8:00 - The Voice
9:00 - This is Us (picked up for 3 more seasons...wow!)
10:00 - New Amsterdam

Wednesday
8:00 - Chicago Med
9:00 - Chicago Fire
10:00 - Chicago P.D.

Thursday
8:00 - Superstore
8:30 - Perfect Harmony *
9:00 - The Good Place
9:30 - Sunnyside *
10:00 - Law & Order: SVU

Friday
8:00 - The Blacklist
9:00 - Dateline

Sunday
8:00 - Football Night in America
9:00 - Sunday Night Football

The following shows will return midseason:

America's Got Talent: Champions
Blindspot
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Ellen's Game of Games
Good Girls
Litle Big Shots
Manifest
Will & Grace
World of Dance

These shows are not on the fall or midseason schedule, so they are presumed cancelled:

Abby's
A.P. Bio
The Enemy Within
The Village

In reply toRe: msg 1
Tony W. (TONYW1)

May-12

NBC has ordered 8 new shows for next season:

Bluff City Law - Jimmy Smits stars as a lawyer who welcomes his estranged daughter back to the business after her mother dies.

Perfect Harmony - Bradley Whitford and Anna Camp in a comedy about a small town church choir.

Sunnyside - Kal Penn is a former NYC Councilman whose career ended with a public intoxication caught on video. Now he's working to help people become American citizens.

These will premiere midseason:

Council of Dads - Tom Everett Scott is a man who has a health scare which leads to him calling on various friends to be his back-up dad in case he dies.

Lincoln - Based on "The Bone Collector". Russell Hornsby is a former NYPD detective tracking down a serial killer with a young partner (Arielle Kebbel).

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist - Jane Levy stars as a San Francisco computer coder who suddenly starts to hear the thoughts of the people around her.

Indebted - Adam Pally and Abby Elliott are parents whose children have finally left the nest, but now his broke parents (Steven Weber & Fran Drescher) suddenly show up.

The Kenan Show - Kenan Thompson is a man dealing with two daughters, a job and his father-in-law. Chris Rock in an executive producer.

Showtalk
Host

May-12

Lincoln Rhyme, from the Jeffery Deaver novels. Only 3 new fall pilots.  

ANNMTM

May-31

Bummer:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/abbys-the-enemy-within-the-village-canceled-nbc-1203185776/#article-comments

We liked The Village. I told my daughter it was her fault because she wouldn't do the Nielsen ratings thing. They really wanted her demographic (24 yrs). She thought it was creepy and wouldn't do it.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Host

Jun-1

It is creepy, but one review can’t save a show. They need thousands.

ANNMTM

Jun-1

lol I know, I was just teasing her.

When will Blindspot be coming back? I hope that it will be sooner than later.
Tony W. (TONYW1)

Sep-30

NBC has not announced a return date yet for Blindspot. All we know for sure is that this will be the final season, and there will be 13 episodes. My guess would be sometime in January.

Showtalk
Host

Sep-30

Did you add any new shows this season?  I’m watching a few.

Tony W. (TONYW1)

Sep-30

I was pleasantly surprised by The Unicorn. I wasn't sure about Walton Goggins in a comedy, but he's really good. I also enjoyed Stumptown.

Evil has me intrigued, and since I don't watch the timeslot competition (L&O: SVU, How to Get Away with Murder), I'll keep watching to see where it goes. I feel the same way about Prodigal Son, but the premiere didn't quite hook me as much.

Bob Hearts Abishola was disappointing. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing to hook me into watching it either. Same with Perfect Harmony and Carol's Second Act. Good acting all around from the leads, but the shows themselves just didn't do much for me.

I thought Bluff City Law was a bit better than All Rise, mostly due to Jimmy Smits, but neither does much to separate itself from the typical legal procedural.