Who Central -  So? What do you think of the new doctor? (61 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 4) 

Chime in with your first impressions....

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

dalek smiley

"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." -- Proverbs 17:22 

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -----Norman Vincent Peale

Reply   Options 

From: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-9 2:36 PM 
To: LoveRiot DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 4) 
 849.2 in reply to 849.1 

Do all new doctors take on mannerisms of their predecessors? I don't recall that happening and it was the bit I did not like with this new one. It does not feel like she is "herself" yet, so perhaps that is intentional as she's still regenerating. If this actress becomes more comfortable with herself and develops her own unique character I think it'll be a great season. IF she continues trying to be "the Doctor" she thinks we're expecting, it's going to be awkward. Like the last doctors run actually lol

To: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 4) 
 849.3 in reply to 849.2 

Kid again! (Kidmagnet) said...

Do all new doctors take on mannerisms of their predecessors? I don't recall that happening and it was the bit I did not like with this new one. It does not feel like she is "herself" yet, so perhaps that is intentional as she's still regenerating.

I thought that could be because she didn't finish regenerating, as her TARDIS blew up and she fell to earth. I did think she was way more polite and even a bit nurturing as compared to Peter Capaldi, who was rather cranky ;)

Kid again! (Kidmagnet) said...

IF she continues trying to be "the Doctor" she thinks we're expecting, it's going to be awkward. Like the last doctors run actually lol

I think there's a fearlessness and energy that seems to come with all of them.

Cable TV Shows  
Prime Time Cafe 

dalek smiley

"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." -- Proverbs 17:22 

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. -----Norman Vincent Peale

To: Kid (Kidmagnet) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 4) 
 849.4 in reply to 849.2 

With 13(14) actors playing the Doctor, there is inevitably going to be some overlap of characteristics.  It takes multiple episodes for each actor to really distinguish him or herself.

Repi

“These opinions are that of the vulgar, that of a false philosophy, and that of the true; where we shall find upon enquiry, that the true philosophy approaches nearer to the sentiments of the vulgar, than to those of a mistaken knowledge.”

David Hume
                                                                        A Treatise of Human Nature

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.