CreeKree

Sorting out the Press

Hosted by CreeKree

Whatever the Press and the mainstream Media does not bring out!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Facebook Silences Deneen Borelli   Polically UnPressed

Started Jul-22 by Miyuko; 496 views.
Seaguil

Jul-28

Facebook plays big daddy, they think they know best to please production lines!!!

unamused

C J (CardJoker)

Jul-29

Absolutely well said! thumbsup

Eliot (Elohimil)

Jul-30

Where's the sacred constitution when we need it? cold_sweat

Boba (Boitchy)

Jul-31

Hello Hello U2

Hello, hello (hola)
I'm at a place called Vertigo (¿dónde está?)
It's everything I wish I didn't know
Except you give me something
I can feel, feel

DEDORRU

Aug-1

scream  Colour me shocked...

Dot_hoe

Aug-2

And - some of my friends are still posting on facebook- right?  angry

Miyuko

Aug-18

How embarrassing - and no thrills!  worried

MochaSofa

Aug-21

Totally underated, if you ask me, she has cool opinions! blush

I have never heard of her before! 

Tittah

Aug-22

They cannot leave the old house that easily....

Facebook already controls our information. Don’t let it control our commerce - Nadim Kobeissi, Quillette, 20 August 2019
https://quillette.com/2019/08/20/facebook-already-controls-our-information-dont-let-it-control-our-commerce/

In recent years, not a month has gone by without yet another unsettling exposé of Facebook’s content-moderation policies and corporate machinations. One report from February explained how Facebook moderators can end up believing the conspiracies they’re hired to weed out. In another case, Facebook’s top executives hired lobbyists  to present some of its critics as extremists. Facebook’s platform and subsidiaries have even been linked to the the incitement of genocide in Myanmar and  deadly lynch mobs in India.

Not so long ago, in the days when using proto-social media meant dialing up to a CompuServe or AOL chat room, we never could have imagined (those of us old enough to remember that time, at least) that the name of a company like Facebook would appear in the headlines of breaking stories about geopolitics. But in 2019, it’s an everyday occurrence.

Facebook runs the world’s biggest social media platform. It also runs Instagram, the world’s second biggest social media platform, and several large messaging platforms, including WhatsApp. It has become perhaps the most important de-facto news-delivery platform in the world. While journalists and academics often focus on Twitter (because that’s where they conduct their arguments), it is Facebook that has a chokehold on how ordinary people communicate, manage their friendships, and learn about what is happening in the world. And all the while, Facebook is scraping data about your relationships and contacts, feeding you targeted ads, and profiling you to determine which content will keep you more engaged and 
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message