General Discussion -  Trump is President! What's your outlo... (2670 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All Poll  (1 of 126) 
Trump is President! What's your outlook for the country? (Comments?)
Yay! We'er finally on the right track!
Boo! The country is screwed for sure!
Hmmm; okay, I guess.
Hmmm; kind of a downer.
Not much to say one way or the other.
Trump is President???

115 people have voted so far

Reply   Options 

From: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-24 9:11 PM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (2 of 126) 
 2674.2 in reply to 2674.1 

I went with "okay I guess". It is just too early to judge. What all is he really going to do on health care?

From: Dominus Veritatus | TRUTH (Zaige) DelphiPlus Member IconFeb-28 9:56 AM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (3 of 126) 
 2674.3 in reply to 2674.1 

What are we even going to do, besides what's already been done?

There is no paramilitary, Nazi-reminiscent force patrolling the streets, smashing down doors and hauling away Immigrants and Muslims to prison camps, to my knowledge, which is what many of us were sort of expecting, nor any Laws or 'Decrees' that anyone harboring an Immigrant will be executed. As strongly as I think many Republicans feel about their antipathy towards anything not 'All-American' and 'Traditional' (according to what they were brought up to believe were American 'traditions'), there is just too much red tape on how disgusting they can be, without earning enough ire from the American people (Democracy and whatnot) to endanger their positions, even if all Public Opinion can do is be used as an excuse to remove someone because of 'what would the people think'.

Every time a President has been elected into office, as far back as George Washington (if the Textbooks can be believed), there have always been those who are FOR, and those who are AGAINST, that person's being made the Leader of the United States. Even though our U.S. Constitution has changed so much since the first draft, I can't help but feel like this is just history repeating.

Sure, Donald Trump has said some really ignorant and obnoxious things, but can you guarantee 100% that the things he says, aren't what his Political Party all already believe? Maybe he isn't as implicit with it, and is tactless with his expression of his beliefs, but who is to say that - if Truth Serum truly existed - other Republicans wouldn't be firing off at the mouth with the same declarations and outbursts?

I hate to come off as a downer, but I've seen little indication that we - as people, or even just as Americans - aren't just adopting secondhand roles, just thinking we're making an original statement, or taking an original stance, on a thing. When you finally wade through all of the distractions (trends, fads, clothing, 'social norms', cultures, speech patterns, languages, prejudices, etc), what you tend to see is something resembling 326 Million Zombies lurching around, repeating the same mantras and chants as the speakers and widescreams screech out at them, capable at their core of just shaking off the chains wrapped around their attire with that attire's Commercial Endorsements <NASCAR much?!>, but conditioned over the course of countless generations to spend less time wondering "What the f*** are these people around me doing?!", and more time just mirroring said behavior.

How this is relevant to the 'question' about Donald Trump as President:

It is what it is, but while I think he will go down in the textbooks for his unconventional methods, I don't think he will be the first, or the last, and when we're at an age where Society indoctrinates it's youth to stop listening to us, and to consider anything we know or think to be 'obsolete', it will all happen all over again...rinse, cycle, repeat.

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (4 of 126) 
 2674.4 in reply to 2674.1 

And what track is that?

To: HWPeeler (HPeeler) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (5 of 126) 
 2674.5 in reply to 2674.2 
I went with "okay I guess". It is just too early to judge.

Yep. Trump's been President for barely a month.

What all is he really going to do on health care?

I guess 'Repeal and Replace" Obama Care. Details are sketchy right now. Probably go for mostly private insurance plans with government support for pre-existent conditions plans.

• Edited March 3, 2017 8:00 pm  by  SiFan

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (6 of 126) 
 2674.6 in reply to 2674.1 

I am not governed directly tho policies will affect here his dealings with Canada.

looking at all the different

parties

people

blunders

wolves in sheep's clothing in power and getting elected

the world can see all his flaws

maybe

just maybe

the world will also see his humanity

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member IconMar-8 5:44 PM 
To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (7 of 126) 
 2674.7 in reply to 2674.1 

Pretty much business and politics as usual, craziness on all three sides of the table.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (8 of 126) 
 2674.8 in reply to 2674.1 

I went with not much to say either way, but I'll be watching him like a hawk. lol

Too cute!
Click to visit
Deanna's Digs

To: DeannaG (DarkPoet4) Poll  (9 of 126) 
 2674.9 in reply to 2674.8 
I went with not much to say either way, but I'll be watching him like a hawk. lol

Welcome back, Deanna! Neat new.forum.

I went for "Yay! We'er finally on the right track!"; but, still intend to watch him like a hawk, too.

To: SiFan DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (10 of 126) 
 2674.10 in reply to 2674.9 

Robin Williams said best in my opinion. Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often, and for the same reason. lol

Thanks! I'm looking forward to not trying to run around to different sites. Putting things in the same spot will make thing sooo much easier for me.

I'm also hoping to see the RPG forums and various chat rooms pick up some more action.

Had a nice chat not too long ago. A nice little tavern night and brawl. Had a lot of fun. lol

I'm still claiming the dwarf cheated, and that elf had no business sticking their nose into it. lol

Too cute!
Click to visit
Deanna's Digs

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 ... 101-110 111-120 121-126
Adjust text size:
Using a mobile device? Switch to the Mobile Site.

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Advertising | About Delphi
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Service.