Star Trek: All Series -  Month of Star Trek Anniversaries (134 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Clint (LCRAGSDALE) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-7 3:00 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

Some significant Star Trek anniversaries have happened in the last month:

• May 8th was the 10th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek (2009), directed by J.J. Abrams
  • May 23rd was the 25th anniversary of the series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation, “All Good Things…”
  • May 23rd was also the 18th anniversary of the series finale of Star Trek Voyager, “Endgame.”
  • June 1st was the 35th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
  • June 2nd was the 20th anniversary of the series finale of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, “What You Leave Behind.”
  • June 3rd was the 50th anniversary of the series finale of the original Star Trek, “Turnabout Intruder”
  • June 4th was the 37th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
  • June 9th was the 30th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Which of these Star Trek anniversaries brings back memories for you?

I remember going to the theater twice on day it premiered to see J.J. Abrams’ reboot of Star Trek (at the time I never would've guessed the reboot would run out of steam after only three films).

I remember gathering with about a dozen friends to watch the two-hour finale of The Next Generation, “All Good Things…” (still the best series finale of any tv show I've seen).

I remember going to the premiere of Star Trek V, which was sandwiched between the premieres of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Dead Poets Society, Ghostbusters II, and the first Batman movie starring Michael Keaton (which probably explained why TFF is the second lowest grossing film in the franchise).

---
Clint
Forum Manager, Star Trek and Media Science Fiction Forum
---

“Either the world was not so huge and frightening a place as she'd once been led to believe, or else . . . she was not so small and helpless as she'd once been encouraged to imagine herself. If power was an illusion, wasn't weakness necessarily one also?”
A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold 

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Jackhammer of Courteous Debate

• Edited June 10, 2019 7:36 am  by  Clint (LCRAGSDALE)

Reply   Options 

To: Clint (LCRAGSDALE) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 25037.2 in reply to 25037.1 

Clint (LCRAGSDALE) said...

I remember going to the theater twice on day it premiered to see J.J. Abrams’ reboot of Star Trek (at the time I never would've guessed the reboot would run out of steam after only three films).

We went to see it once.  We left totally disgusted and never saw any of the other films.

He didn't reboot it.  He raped and pillaged it.

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.