Star Trek: All Series -  Tarantino Star Trek Film A Go? (74 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Clint (LCRAGSDALE) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostJun-11 7:43 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

It's appearing more and more likely that director Quentin Tarantino will get his shot at making a Star Trek film. After positive comments earlier this year from Paramount execs, Tarantino himself has now confirmed that the project is in the works. "There’s a script that exists for it now, I need to weigh in on it, but haven’t been able to do that yet," Tarantino told Empire magazine. Tarantino is currently doing publicity for his upcoming film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but it's likely he'll start pre-production on his Star Trek film later this year. Very little is known about the project, not even which characters it might involve, or whether Tarantino intends to use any of the actors from the recent J.J. Abrams-produced films. Tarantino did confirm one detail to Empire, "It's an R-rated movie." Every previous Star Trek film has been rated PG-13 or lower.

Trekmovie.com has Tarantino's quotes from the Empire interview, and some details about the history of the project here: https://trekmovie.com/2019/06/10/quentin-tarantino-gives-an-update-on-his-star-trek-film/

---
Clint
Forum Manager, Star Trek and Media Science Fiction Forum
---

“Either the world was not so huge and frightening a place as she'd once been led to believe, or else . . . she was not so small and helpless as she'd once been encouraged to imagine herself. If power was an illusion, wasn't weakness necessarily one also?”
A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold 

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Jackhammer of Courteous Debate

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.