Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, November 16th - To Do

Started Nov-16 by scapermom; 123 views.
friedchickn

Nov-16

Oh my God the wine dinner was AWFUL.  After 3 1/2 hours we both left...annoyed and starving.  They hadn't even gotten to the main course and we spent more time sipping water wondering when food was coming than actually eating or drinking.  And the food....not good.  

And it broke me...I'm dragging ass this morning.

Sigh....so not worth it

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-16

Slept like crap, but morning is on the move. Laundry going, dog done, kitchen almost done.

Already printed out the CSA documents I need to fill out for 2022. Got the word yesterday they are done for this season. Too many frosts/rain/hail/you-name-it bad for growing things. They’re promising double packs if we sign up for next year. So I’m gonna fill it out and write a 1st check.

Today’s zone & holiday missions - emails for the holiday missions have been late to non-existent. So I’m definitely behind and just doing what I think needs to happen. Today I want to shop for non-perishables for T-Day. 

Last night DH & I discussed bringing dinner to the inlaws, so he doesnt have to cart them back & forth in thanksgiving day traffic. This morning I’m toying with the idea of just ordering the whole thing precooked from a local restaurant since we’ll probably have to reheat anyway… Going to research.

I’ll also start looking through the county parks catalog for a winter activity 

Walk at home video or maybe just some easy yoga

Only me for dinner so I’ll do leftovers and catch up on DVRd shows and or youtube.

scapermom

Nov-16

Not cool and also sad about the food. Was it a new thing? 

friedchickn

Nov-16

They pop up every now and then at restaurants...wine dinners or invitation only dinners.  We usually love them.

This particular restaurant has been a struggle from the start.  It's supposedly farm to table...but the first time we went everything was obviously from Sysco.  So...disappointing.  We've periodically tried them again...out of pure desperation. 

So we went into it thinking it's probably not gonna be amazing.  And then it....SUCKED.

I walked out saying "The Modern Barn is dead to me"

scapermom

Nov-17

Eh you gave them several chances at least. If they can’t get their act together, not your problem.