Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, December 3rd-to do

Started 12/3/21 by friedchickn; 154 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
friedchickn

12/3/21

I was up at 5.  Which is awful....except I slept straight through from 11 til then....so I guess I won't complain too much.

Dh is already heading back from the mountain.

I've done my Romwod, wrapped one of dh's gifts (a new snowboard) what a workout that was...lol.  Kitchen is cleaned up from breakfast.  And I started mending a pair of boots...the cheap pleather was tearing at the seam, so I fabric glued it and then i'll give it a polish.

I'm so behind this week...too much socializing and then adding back in working out.  Def need to do a better job next week.  

Cleaning lady should be here soon.

Volunteering at 1:30-3:30 for a friend's organization.

Need to stuff in piano practice and a workout.

Dinner....I'm thinking pizza or subs.  The guy that owns the pizza place is back from a month long vacation in Greece to visit family....so it just reopened.

scapermom

12/3/21

Should have refreshed before I posted - Here late again due to distractions…again. DH home and DD morning FaceTimed as usual.

I’ve got a load of laundry going, dog’s mostly done and fast asleep on the couch. Waiting for it to warm up a bit so we can take her for a nice sunny but cold walk.

Today’s zone mission. Need to go through emails first.

Thinking a Home Depot or Lowes trip is in order for a new toilet seat. Exciting, I know.  I don’t know what I cleaned it with that did it, but the paint is coming off and it looks disgusting. 

May hit a store near there for a good deal on coffee and some odds & ends.

Think I have a plan for at least one of the aunts for a christmas gift. It’s gift card to a local place for pre-done meals. She’s been cooking for her family of 4 for 40+ years and very done with it so they do take out a lot. Just need to confirm they deliver to her area.

I’m defrosting steaks for DH to grill for tonight’s dinner

friedchickn

12/3/21

That's a wonderful idea for your aunt.

I'm sticking to edible gifts for all the oldies too.  I don't need to give them more crap so that I can clean it out of their houses in a decade...LOL

And....when my FIL asked what to get dh for xmas....I told him Oreos.  He wanted to get dh a diecast Porsche.  Why?  Does he not see us purging all our crap?  What a waste of money!!!

scapermom

12/3/21

Exactly! When they are no longer here all their stuff becomes a hardship for their family to either get rid of or store. No one wants it, yet they feel guilty to get rid of it.

I keep seeing new things appearing in our garage. DHs dad is giving him things and he’s taking them and storing them in our garage. It’s CRAP throw it out! We don’t need it. Ugh makes me boil. 

friedchickn

12/3/21

Even after the squatter stole everything that wasn't nailed down...dh needed a 10 yard dumpster!!!