Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, December 6th - ToDo

Started Dec-6 by scapermom; 130 views.
scapermom

Dec-6

Late but not forgotten List?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Dec-6

Weirdly warm out - supposed to go up to 65! Wtf?

It’s a Hot melt Sprint start day so I got up and showered then weighed and measured (thanks to remembering to leave out the measuring tape)

Stripped bed, changed out towels and table linens, sanitizing in between, put away everything in the kitchen left out from yesterday

Did 4 minute workout and listened to an affirmation meditation while updating my planner and starting a wash

Dog refused to come down and go out until now 

Just checked in with DD since I hadn’t heard from her and her 1st class starts at 10 something

Flylady at 11 for the rest of the weekly home blessing tasks - we are in the Kitchen zone this week

Going to head out later to the local christmas tree shop to browse and hopefully pick up some wrapping paper and cards 

Have an appointment scheduled that I need to change

Should throw the chicken legs in the marinade shortly - orange Dijon chicken for dinner (with hot melt soup & salad)

friedchickn

Dec-6

wow...I have been a busy busy bee...

Did a load of laundry.  Kitchen and dishwasher.

piano practice and a lesson

met my friends for lunch.  Snagged gift cards while I was there.

bills, receipts and emails.  week money

sent a fruit and nut xmas box to GG and another oldie that we won't be seeing this season....totally loving the food gifts this year!!!

watered the plants

Next up....romwod and a plank.  Then I'll get to fixing dinner....mini meatloaves, mashed (from the freezer...I'll revive it with heavy cream) and squash/apple bake 9also from teh freezer.

friedchickn

Dec-6

Good luck on the Hot Melt Sprint.  Do you find that they are helping?

scapermom

Dec-7

The Sprints help when I stick to them. It’s basically a healthy/clean keto. Veggies, protein, good fats. Exercise, hydration and supplements. It’s just not realistic to stay on for me. I want to have a damn piece of fruit! Though berries are allowed, not this week, but on the clean keto plan.

I have a really hard time losing weight and gain if I look at food. Menopause along with Hashimoto’s sucks! Oh and a side effect of the BP meds I take is weight gain! I really need to work on finding out root cause of the hashi’s and high BP (I’ve ruled out salt) Doc says the HBP is genetics but I’m not satisfied with that. It did start after menopause though. It all started after that…

friedchickn

Dec-7

I've had moderately high blood pressure since my pregnancy with dd...if I keep my weight down, my BP stays down too.  So I've managed to stay off the meds.

Right after the hysterectomy I had a massive hypertensive episode and then they put me on meds for a couple of weeks.

I'm off the meds and my BP is the best it's ever been since I was in my 20's.

I'm wondering if somehow...someway...my high BP was all related to my uterus.  I mean first the pregnancy pissed it off, then the surgery.  and now...magically it's fine.