Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, November 17th - To Do

Started Nov-17 by scapermom; 184 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-17

Morning slowly getting underway - dog, laundry, kitchen

zone mission is cleaning little details like light switches, knobs, phones

holiday mission is checking the budget & dealing with bills

need to finalize the benefits

dd’s coming home today so I need to finish up her rooms with a quick vacuum & dust

Think Im making sheet pan chicken apple sausage & sweet potato for tonights dinner

Listen to more Iron Flame since it’s getting harder not to get spoiled

friedchickn

Nov-17

So yesterday took a turn.  My father in law emailed dh (that's a whole issue right there) that he couldn't deal with my mother in law anymore and needed help.  So...dh picked up my FIL and we had a long hard talk.  He's overwhelmed and frustrated and somehow surprised that she's getting worse.  Um...it's Alzheimer's...it's gonna get worse.  So we discussed some options.

I went over this morning and of course...everything is all better.  Sigh.  He's not understanding how it's cyclical...how every morning she resets.  and quite frankly, he's starting to lose it too...

Dropped dh's truck off to get oiled...I don't have any clue what the heck that is.  I'll drop him off to pickup on the way to the farmer's market.

Which I'm helping at

Grabbed ingredients for the cookies I want to make....cranberry lemon bars.  They look cute.  And maybe it'll be instead of a pumpkin pie.  Although if my mother in law doesn't bring an apple...I guess I'm on tap for a pie.

Dh didn't get to measure any more risers last night since we were dealing with IL mess.  So I switched gears and removed the last piece of trim and painted the edges of all the risers.  This way any slight imperfections are camo'd...instead of a blaring white line of mistake.  it'll help a ton during install...and it's a trick I learned from a friend who does flooring.

Dinner is out tonight!!!!  So yeah me.  Heading to a new spot that opened in town (friend of a friend's).  the food is supposed to be amazing but they're struggling to run the place...so it probably won't survive.

scapermom

Nov-18

Sorry about your inlaws - that’s gotta be tough to deal with for everyone involved My FIL has hallucinations and discussions with people who aren’t there, my MIL has been dealing with him and bouts of cancer and treatments which isn’t easy to say the least. DH & his sister go there almost every day they are off work to help but they could really use an aide of some sort but MIL refuses. Getting old just sucks 

scapermom

Nov-18

PS I’m expecting pictures of the stairs when you’re done! 

friedchickn

Nov-21

I hate the refusing outside help part....like assuming that we should drop everything and take care of them when there are other alternatives...it sucks.  and i swear to god i won't do that to dd.