Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, June 10th - To Do

Started Jun-10 by scapermom; 82 views.
scapermom

Jun-10

What’s on today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jun-10

Our stay at home order has been lifted! Woohoo! Not sure what it all means and will totally tread carefully! I feel like a wild animal being released back into the jungle...

It’s Wednesday so my office day - bills, file 

DD up, fed and off to her classes with smoothie she made in hand. Going to have to remember to send her with a personal blender if they are allowed? Or would that be something she could get in the cafeteria? Have to check.

Got laundry going. Dog fed and out back.

Collected trash, DH was up, so he tossed it at the curb. 

Early dog walk. Going to be a hot one today - hitting 90s! Wtf?

Spend at least 10 mins on the bike. Keep talking myself out of the arm workout, so need to get to that today!

Didn’t  get to look for a library book yesterday, so will do that today. Also need to get everyone’s opinions on pictures to print for the grandmas.

Flylady mission (funny I kind of started this yesterday, so one shelf down):

Dear Friends: It is Anti-Procrastination day we are diving into the refrigerator! Grab your trash can and take it over to the refrigerator.
First toss out any leftovers that have gotten pushed to the back and have now started to turn into a science project.
Second, check the fruit/vegetable drawers and toss what no longer is appealing to eat.
Third, check the meat and cheese drawer, check the expiration dates on your items in there and toss what needs to go.
Fourth, check out the doors of the fridge, toss the empty condiment jars and bottles that always seem to magically go back into the fridge when empty. Last, grab a damp rag and wipe down the shelves. Do not take every single thing out of your refrigerator and then take the shelves out to clean them. Just wipe them down.
Don't let yourself get sidetracked, Have fun and enjoy your sparkling refrigerator!

Took out ground turkey - plan is to make meatballs or mini meatloaves in the Instant pot with them. Too freaking hot for oven or stovetop cooking. Maybe DH will want to bbq and Ill make them burgers?

friedchickn

Jun-10

Popping on kinda early cause I'm headed out for coffee with a friend.

Busy day ahead...but at least it ends with takeout or dinner out!!!  Yeah me.

Took the sour dough starter out of the fridge to let it acclimate, I'll feed it later.  And then I guess waffles.  That worked really really well.

Working out at noon with dh.  Then I'll do my ROMWOD and squat challenge.

Gotta do a dump run.  I'll take a quick pass on the litter box even though i did it Monday.

Then it's alot of acquisition....need to stop by the place I get freezer meals, we are all out and that's a bad (expensive) plan.  Eggs.  Farm stand.  Maybe the nursery for some much needed plants...I've totally neglected my gardens.

piano practice.

and then crash....

The new puzzle I started is HUGE.....takes up most of teh dining room table, we are all squished on teh end.  LOL

friedchickn

Jun-10

Dd has one of those little ninja blenders (i think that's what they are called).  and they're allowed.  Bigger issue is that the dorm size fridges have almost no freezer space.  So even if she buys bagged mixes....she won't have room.

friedchickn

Jun-10

I picked up The Mothers by Brit Bennett....it's supposed to be fantastic.

scapermom

Jun-10

I will check it out. What was your opinion of The Wives? I didnt know what to expect going into it so it did surprise me at the end a bit. 

friedchickn

Jun-10

I really liked it.  It was definitely different than what I've been reading.