Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, July 23rd - To Do

Started Jul-23 by scapermom; 109 views.
scapermom

Jul-23

what’s happening today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jul-23

Lots more of the same going on today along with 3 webinars for DDs school -  2 of course at the same time, so I will be listening to one for her. Tonight’s will be about the Convoluted move in plan. Keep hearing more & more schools calling it an online semester. IC laid out a plan for reduced tuition/room & board depending on when you move in since they are staggering it.

so besides the webinar I want to continue/finish doing inventory and organizing. Some decluttering as well.

Lots of emails lately, so I’ll go through that.

plank, strength workout. Early or late dog walk depending on rain & weather.

No idea about dinner.Maybe chicken since I have it.

friedchickn

Jul-23

Dh and I have started talking about what we can offer dd for this fall....the email is coming, I can just feel it.  Does it make sense to send her back to NY if she can't go on campus, can't get a job and can't go anywhere?  Does it make more sense to stay here in the bubble in Maine?

Ugghhh.

So glad we have a lease on an apartment she may never use....

friedchickn

Jul-23

Thankful Thursday!!!!  My to do list is pretty slim...yoga, piano and dinner.  Which basically allows me to catch up on the first 3 days.  I did manage to get a bunch of stuff done last night in a last minute spurt of energy.  No clue where that came from.

Started assembling new masks using the adjustable elastic ear loops.  Both dh and dd love them....so I'll be cranking out a few more.  I'm down to 1 mask...dd borrowed my 2nd and somehow it's missing.  Somehow?

The contractor called...and there's an issue with the kitchen layout so I'll meet him after lunch to iron that out.

Gonna go grocery shopping.  Each trip I've been picking up a few more things for the stockpile.  I'm less and less thrilled with the fall picture....

I fed the sourdough yesterday so today I need to make the discard into something.  Might make it a pizza dough and see how it freezes....it'd be nice to have them as a quick solution this winter when I'm on deck for more meals than I have been (assuming dd lives here)

And then it's catch up.....and planning time.  

scapermom

Jul-23

For Help with doing the stockpile I Found thischart on theorganizedmom.net. https://www.organizedmom.net/52-week-guide-building-food-storage/

I havent actually started using it since I am still not going out & shopping. sigh was all set to take the plunge last week then DH needed to take my car to work since his a/c in his truck crapped out. I certainly wasn’t taking a huge pickup to the grocery store...

Once I finish my inventory I will have a better idea of what I have in stock. I’m not a big canned food eater either.It’s really not the best health wise, but in an emergency anything goes. I did order some freeze dried foods from Wild Zora. They seemed healthy and last at least a year. I like their meat bars too.

In reply toRe: msg 5
scapermom

Jul-23

Forgot today’s Mission: 

Zone 4: Mission #4 Thursday
Dear Friends, Accessories can contribute to some of the biggest clutter problems! Today I want you to take 10 minutes and purge your jewelry boxes, chest, whatever. Now I am not talking about the family heirlooms here. I am talking about the costume stuff that we have collected, been given or don't even know where it came from jewelry.Remember the rule: If you haven't worn it in the past year - toss it, don't love it - toss it, and it doesn't bring you joy then you toss it. Those earrings that have been missing a mate for years and you have held on "just in case". Well, if it hasn't shown up by now, it is time to let go.
Let Go of the scarves and belts that you haven't worn in years and you really won't wear. They are just taking up space.You can throw this stuff away, you can donate it, but get it out of your house. Don't hold on to a box full of costume jewelry for your kids to play with or to use for a craft. IT WILL STILL BE JUNK IN YOUR HOUSE if you do that! Get it OUT!
friedchickn

Jul-23

Thanks....gonna have to take a look through.

I'm also not a fan of canned foods....

Currently I've been buying stuff that's still regulated....butter, flour, cleaners...and then if I buy something I know I buy frequently, I've been picking up 2....like tomato paste or bouillon cubes.

Our grocery is mostly stocked.  Some days, some things aren't there and then they're magically back a week later.  So I think it's a manufacturing and delivery issue rather than a hoarding thing like with the TP.  Doesn't make much of a difference if that's what you want or need...

scapermom

Jul-23

Really.My sister & i were just talking about it since her superintendent asked the teachers what their plan was (they of course are giving the teachers no information or plan to go from). But how can they have kids in a class room when here in Jersey we can’t go in a restaurant, gym or library? 

friedchickn

Jul-23

and how many sick kids is considered an outbreak...1, 10, 100?  Do they send them all home then? 

I understand that studying online is less than awesome.  I understand that it sucks for parents, teachers, students....innocent bystanders.  lol.

But wouldn't it be more useful to just declare it online now and prepare for it.  Kids can have their pity party and still be ready to work.  Maybe parents can get better setup then before.  Teachers can learn some new tricks.

This back and forth #### is driving me bonkers cause I know in the end how this is going and just wish they'd catch the #### up....