Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, September 15th - To Do

Started Sep-15 by scapermom; 105 views.
scapermom

Sep-15

What’s your To Do list today?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Sep-15

It’s cool this morning brr and I’m up!

Dogs been out, needs her food, but I cleaned her dishes this morning (since I didn’t get to it yesterday) so she has to wait a bit for that.

laundry’s started and I did some kitchen cleanup from last night’s remnants. 

I was able to fast until 1 yesterday, so am going to try that again today. I need to do something since nothing I do results in weight loss which I need to do. 

Today’s DDs full day of classes - pretty much from 9 to 3 with a small break in between for lunch. So I think I’ll head out early to the grocery and pick her up a sub for lunch while I’m out.

Have to order more water filters, just put in my last one.

Remind DD to write out her thank you & friends bd cards. Again.

Dog walks, arm workout. Maybe some stationary bike?

today’s mission: 

Zone 3: Mission #2 Tuesday
Dear Friends:We are back in the bathroom and your mission for today is to clean our your bathroom trash can. Use the tub to fill the can with hot water and add some general purpose cleaner or dish soap. Let it soak and then scrub the bottom, the sides and the outside. Turn it over and let it dry in the tub and then put it back before someone needs to bathe and ends up taking a shower with the trash can! This is so simple and makes a difference.
Your mission for the Stash and Dash space is to spend 5 minutes gathering up anything that you can donate or give away that you no longer love, use or need.

For dinner going to try making tacos with scallops. Trying to eat more fish.

friedchickn

Sep-15

I know it's not for everyone....but heavy weights have really been a game changer for me with keeping my weight in check (and if I stopped drinking so much on the weekends maybe some loss).

There's so many myths around women and heavy weights....but I assure you, you won't get bulky....lol.

friedchickn

Sep-15

And here we are at another payday....seems like yesterday (or 15 days ago).  So I'll make that all disappear.  I have a few other "bookkeeping" things to get to as well.

Today's workout at 2, a romwod and the crazy side plank things.  They are so hard not to flip over.  LOL

piano practice.

finish yesterday's linens...I got a bug up my butt last night and started them.

didn't make 10, 000 steps again.  Sigh....need to add in a walk....some how.

today is dog claws and bowls.  He also has a vet appt this afternoon which conflicts with my yoga class...noone to blame but myself (although she did recently switch to Tuesday....so maybe I'll blame her)

Need to swing by the farm stand for salad fixings....I made curried chicken salad for lunch and dd would prefer hers on a salad.  Dinner is nachos.

And that should round out the day....shouldn't it?

scapermom

Sep-15

How heavy you talkin? I’ve upped myself to 5 from 3lbs and I do see that making a difference. THe real ‘he-women’ at the strength class I took used 8 & 10lbs free weights. I don’t remember how much that bar thing was we used.

scapermom

Sep-15

You’re right tho - I remember my doc telling me that’s why men lose faster - they have more muscle. 

friedchickn

Sep-15

Heavier than 5.  The science is that muscle eats more than fat cells....so even just sitting on the couch you're burning more.

If you're at 5...get some 8's.  Get a bar...and start doing more squats.

It's hard without the programming.  So maybe look up something online?

I resisted for a LONGGGGGG time.  Not because I thought I'd get burly looking...I knew that wasn't a thing.  I just didn't want to do it.  But I can't argue with the results...seriously.  I've been eating and drinking like an #### all summer long and I have a 5lb increase...all fat...cause I can see it, lol.

friedchickn

Sep-15

Even a scrawny man has more muscle to start with...isn't that annoying????  Plus side is that after awhile that big bag of dog food...no problem.  LOL

scapermom

Sep-15

I will give it a go! Need to build a little more with the 5s then I’ll hold a 3 with it for a bit and see how I do.

I would sign up for those Strength classes again but they aren’t being given anymore (Or at least for now). I’ll look around for something. I do well with structure. But it can’t be too crowded where you have to fight for a spot or equipment. Like the gym I belonged too. Hated that!

friedchickn

Sep-15

Oh I hear ya. I thought Dh was nuts when he built the gym....now I’m like Thank God