Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, September 18th - To Do

Started Sep-18 by scapermom; 117 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Sep-18

Again with the distractions... can’t everyone just go to work and school like normal people and leave me be?

morning routine done or doing - dog, laundry, kitchen. DH made us a nice scrambled egg dish with veggies & cheese mixed in. I did the bacon in the oven. Yum!

got a surprise FaceTime from my niece which was nice.

fitbit needed charging. Remembered to put the mail out.

dog walks and some sort of workout.

Have to give the dog her other meds.

Still havent finished filing. Have a a pile of papers to go through and emails are exploding. 

Dh wants me to come to costco with him. 

Baked chicken or take out for dinner. 

friedchickn

Sep-18

I'm late getting back on here too...so I get it.

Dh is still hemming and hawing about taking the new job.  If he delays much longer he may not have to make a decision...sigh.  He keeps asking me what he should do and honestly...he doesn't want my answer.  I've been telling him for months to get over himself and enjoy the job he has where he makes a boat load and has massive flexibility.  So what does he think my opinion is????  Arrgghhhh.

He went mountain biking this morning and got back just before noon (case in point).  Dd was supposed to have back to back to back classes so I was just gonna chill, read and sip coffee....NOPE.  One of dd's classes canceled and she clearly wanted to hang and chat, so I just started cooking for the boat.  Made 2 pans of ziti (regular and pesto), meatballs and chocolate chip cookies (they can't get enough of them).  Then I cleaned the whole kitchen top to bottom. (and cat puke)

Washed my croc liners yesterday and they never quite dried...so I had to put the shelf in teh dryer and deal with that.

Practiced piano

Worked out.  

Showered and packed clothes for this weekend (which is complicated cause I don't know what the weather will be like....bikini or parka?)

Now I'm just killing time til I need to head to the farmer's market to weigh veggies like a good girl.

I NEED A DRINK!!!!!

friedchickn

Sep-18

Your dh has been home a ton?  Did he get laid off and I missed it?

scapermom

Sep-18

No thankfully. Though there was a chance. But he actually just got a letter to officially tell him when they start laying off people (oct 1) he won’t be one of them since he has seniority. So that’s good.

But he is home more than at work now since he works 2 double shifts (Sunday & Tuesday) and his regular shift on Monday. The guys he’s working for on Sunday & Tuesday nights (afternoon shift) cover his days on Wednesday & Thursday. They just need to put in the hours. The outcome is he works 3 days and is off for 4. 

scapermom

Sep-18

Is one company more stable than the other? Though that’s a hard call these days. Everyone is at risk.

In reply toRe: msg 6
scapermom

Sep-18

And I forgot the mission - not doing it today. I did it on Monday. 

Zone 3: Mission #5 Friday
Dear Friends: We are in the last day of Zone Three! Your mission in the bathroom is to mop the floor. Now, you can do this with some hot soapy water and a rag or mop. There is no perfect way to mop. Just get the floor wet, wipe it and dry it!
Your mission for the Stash and Dash space is to do a 27 fling boogie in the space. Grab 27 things to throw away, give away or put away! Now you have seen how you can work on these stash and dash spaces a few minutes at a time every day and make a difference.
friedchickn

Sep-18

That’s good!  Phew. 

friedchickn

Sep-18

Ughh.  Well one is well...small and struggling, although they’ve made it this far. So who knows. The other is massive!!

Stable? Well who knows.