Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, October 1st - To Do

Started Oct-1 by scapermom; 147 views.
scapermom

Oct-1

Start the month with a list

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-1

Usual morning stuff - dog, kitchen, laundry.

leftovers from yesterday including uploading receipts and figuring out how i get reimbursed from DD’s 529 for her text books.

Also need to sync calendars. 

Pulled the veggie bag off the porch, need to clean, pack & store whats in there. Also incorporate into meal plan. 

Dog walk & workout.

Still have to do that return at Kohls.

Yesterday afternoon we lost internet, phone & tv For several hours. Spent a bit of time finding a contact # to call. No satisfaction there tho. DD had to use her cell phone as a hot spot to get her homework done. This is 2times in the past week we’ve had issues. We are held hostage though. There’s no other internet service we can use here only the Horrible cable co. Very frustrating. I’ll be spending some time today looking for alternatives.

Declutter project - have been trying to do a box/bag a day.

Lunch: chicken salad

Dinner: pork chops

friedchickn

Oct-1

I feel you on the hostage situation....there used to only be one game in town...spectrum.  But dh got Firstlight to run fiber optic cable to our house for commercial use....how he pulled that off I have no idea (although we did have to pay $$$$)...and that's been spectacular!!!

I'd love a declutter project....oh how it's getting out of control....again.  How?!?!?!  Where are you getting rid of yours?

friedchickn

Oct-1

So dh had a snowboard shipped to REI in NH...figured it'd be a nice day trip and do some shopping....and then life happened.  So we made the best of it and figured we'd have breakfast on the way at this amazing restaurant we love.  Well....it burned down in January and they decided to not rebuild because of Covid.  Ok.  Second favorite breakfast place....well....they closed cause of Covid.  Right.  Dh found a random place on the way on yelp....and when we got there they were closed for business...no explanation.  Ended up at some other random place that was open and had a mediocre meal.  Sigh....and this is why I don't even WANT TO ATTEMPT a vacation anywhere for quite awhile.

So now we are back and I have a whole day of work ahead of me....

My Ils are taking a couple days to go visit friends and family....super awesome plan (NOT).  But they're grown ass adults so what can I say.  DD has been tasked with cat care.  And I'm looking forward to getting the window film up without an audience.

Tonight's yoga class....so all I'm doing is a 1 min bridge pose.

Piano practice.  I have new pieces galore.

Toilets.  Uggghhh.  I did the grout in our master shower yesterday while I was in there...lol.  Spray cleaner and a toothbrush.  

Forgot one tax bill....the new lot...and got that from the realtor yesterday...so I need to pay that.  Also need to sign and send in Plowing contracts (it's that time of year)

And need to make a grocery list for the boat and start cooking stuff.  Someone requested a homemade snickers bar recipe, baked mac and cheese and 2 marinated pork loins.

Thankfully....tonight dh and I are probably getting takeout.....and I just fed him lunch....how the hell does he eat so much?!?!

scapermom

Oct-1

Most is going in the ‘circular file’ so far. It’s all my old Arbonne stuff from when I actually thought I could be a sales person and did the parties and went to the meetings. I really should just take a match to it. There is a TON of paper (Catalogs, presentations & product sheets), some samples (Are they still good after 5 yrs?) and then party paraphernalia like folders bowls, pretty bags, ribbons, towels and lucite stands. I’ll incorporate those into the office And household or just toss.

My other declutter project is mostly DDs clothing & twin bedding. A friend of mine who has 2 younger daughters always took it. But now that they’re older (tweens/teens) they don’t want it. My sister has a goodwill by her that’s open, so I may bring some of it there next time I visit. I might also toss some in those bins I see around town. They seem to be overflowing though.

In reply toRe: msg 5
scapermom

Oct-1

Almost forgot

Zone 5 Mission #4 Thursday
Dear Friends: We are in Zone, that is the Front Porch, the Entrance area and the Dining Room.Today you are to sweep your front porch area around your front door. Shake out your welcome mats and wipe down your front door. This
makes a huge difference in how your home looks. We have a tendency to neglect this area and yet it is the first thing that people see when they come to your home.