Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, October 6th - To Do

Started Oct-6 by scapermom; 286 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-6

Did not accomplish half of what I set out to yesterday. (Did hit 10k steps which I haven’t done in a while. 2 dog walks and vacuuming helped me get there.) So lots of leftover tasks today. THe ‘out of sorts’ feeling developed into a bad sinus headache. Feel much better this morning, but still a slight lingering tightness in the forehead on one side.

4 minute workout done. Dogs out, coffees on.

DH at work for a double. So one out of the house and my way at least. DDs first class was cancelled due to the prof’s kid being sick and home with them. So she’s sleeping in. 

I’ve got yesterday’s mission and today’s. I’ll post below.

Leftover tasks: Collect trash, purge my usual piles of paper. Vacuum & Damp mop kitchen/hall/bath downstairs.

Got the card for my niece’s 20th birthday. Now just have to fill it out& mail it with a check. 

More decluttering project. Wish I had a fire pit I could just burn all the paper.

Dog walks and 2 more 4 minute workouts. Maybe some arm work?

Tonight catch up on some Youtube vids. 

Leftover chicken thighs or Tex mex casserole for lunch. 

Dinner: burger for me and tortellini for DD

friedchickn

Oct-6

Dh being home on "vacation" is no vacation for me....geez.  Everything he did, he needed me to stop what I was doing and help or answer questions....and then he piled a huge bunch of crap on my to do list.  WTF?!?  Like I don't have enough to do already.

Listed and managed to offload 2 mattress sets and a big rattan chair yesterday (and this morning).  Very happy about that.  I have a woman coming tomorrow for the dorm fridge and I'm really hoping someone takes that damn table this week.  Might grab a few more items to purge...not sure what is left at the garage.

Might attempt to change the sheets today...I know I won't have time to get them washed.  We are leaving here at 11 to rent slingshots with my ILs and take a 4 hr foliage tour.

Hoping to make it back for yoga at 5.

I'll practice piano after yoga and dinner....

scapermom

Oct-6

I hear ya sister! Same here when DH is home doing his ‘projects’. It’s like sure I’ll just drop what I’m doing, because you know, it’s no big deal... sigh!

Here’s today’s Mission: (yesterday was cleaning the kitchen garbage pail)

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday
Dear Friends: Your mission for today is to scrub down your counter-tops. I don't mean to just wipe a rag across them! I mean you get some hot soapy water and you wipe down the counters from front to back and side to side. Don't take everything off at one time and then plan to put it all back again, I promise you will get sidetracked. You just move your toaster (or coffee pot or whatever this is an example here)over to one side and wipe down the counter, then move over a foot or so, move aside what is there and wipe down some more and so on. We are not marathon cleaning the kitchen here, just getting all the crumbs and junk that seems to build up behind and under things.
Don't obsess!

scapermom

Oct-6

Slingshots? Like Daveyand Goliath?

friedchickn

Oct-6

Let’s try this one more time. It keeps deleting my response. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
friedchickn

Oct-6

Won’t let me post pictures. 

scapermom

Oct-7

Is that the picture you posted in the 40s group? I saw that last night. Ah that’s what it is? A guy that just moved in down the block has one of those. He uses it to promote his businesses. 

Very cool and sounds like fun.

friedchickn

Oct-7

Yes...that's the picture.  It wouldn't let me post it here...so I figured I'd post it there and tag you.

They're really fun. (No I don't want to own one...lol)

scapermom

Oct-7

Lol! Weird that it wouldn’t let you post the pic here. Maybe because it’s the free version of Delphi? Who knows...