Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, October 23rd - to do

Started Oct-23 by scapermom; 159 views.
scapermom

Oct-23

Doesn’t feel like friday list

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-23

Morning chores started, laundry tbd 

seems like most of DD’s profs are giving them ‘mental health days’ or zoom fatigue days this week. Classes are asyncronous or whatever meaning they’re not holdin a zoom class and are either giving assignments or leaving a recording for them to watch when they want. Yesterday we both watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix for one of her assignments. I wanted to check it out anyway. I kinda knew about what they’re talking about but it really brought some stuff to light. Albeit in an exaggerated way, but I recommend it.

Ok, never got to the FAFSA yesterday, but did start some reading of what I need and gathering that. 

Missions & Monthly focus of paper clutter (almost done!). Friday is clean out your purse & car day too but since I don’t use Either much its a quick task.

have had some tabs open for a while I need to either read or order things from. Thinking of getting a tea advent calendars for DD since she’s a tea fan. 

Lunches are leftovers 

dinner is takeout 

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Oct-23

Zone 4: Mission #5 Friday
Dear Friends: Today is the last day in the Master Bedroom. Take 15 minutes to declutter your dresser. Get the things off the top of your dresser that you have placed there that you were going to put away later. Later is now. Take the time to take care of this; it really makes a great difference.

friedchickn

Oct-23

No it doesn't

friedchickn

Oct-23

I watched it....very enlightening.  very.

friedchickn

Oct-23

Currently my dresser is holding a mountain of winter wear as I slowly swicth over....soooooo this is gonna have to wait a bit longer.

friedchickn

Oct-23

I'm up.  Painters are here to stain the house.  2 sides are seriously faded and needed love before winter so I'm glad this is getting done.  It looks really dark....sure hope it's teh same color.  LOL.

Got the lease signed yesterday.  Need to cash the deposit check.  And text them about the grill situation.

Dh and I are trying that liquor store run again once he gets off this call.

Started laundry and I'll run the dishwasher after lunch.

Sour dough starter needs feeding.  Must get done.  Just gonna throw together a pizza dough and freeze it.  DOn't have time for anything else really.

Workout at 2.  Submit walgreens challenge so I can get my points.  They're changing teh program....haven't really said much about how.

Farmer's market order closes at noon....need to just do a quick review

Cat litter and dog claws (probably no dog claws....)

Didn't get to teh sinks yesterday but did do the shower while I was in there.

Mail a few bills

PACK AND ESCAPE!!!!

scapermom

Oct-23

Your Holiday mission for today is to take time out to establish a budget for the Holidays.

Look over your gift lists and menus and try to work on a budget for these things. When you establish a budget and try very hard to work within that budget you will find that you do not go overboard on your spending because you have taken the time out to plan and think things through instead of shopping impulsively.

Try to establish when you can start your shopping and to break it down into small manageable tasks. You need to figure out how much money you can afford for: gifts, mailing, wrapping supplies, travel expenses, meals, baking etc.

You can put these numbers into your Holiday planner that you were to create in Mission #2 (remember all the missions are available on FlyLady.net). This way you have your lists and budget all in one place.

Taking things that are overwhelming and breaking them down into babysteps help us keep the CHAOS away!!