Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, October 28th - To Do

Started Oct-28 by scapermom; 157 views.
scapermom

Oct-28

How does today look?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-28

More rain today, and apparently a storm to hit tomorrow & friday? 

Getting the morning going. Dog was out, just needs her breakfast. Laundry’s started.

DH is home, but will be getting going later this morning to take his mom for her doctors appointment.

Later our plan is to find the ballot box closest to us and go vote. I know for sure there are none in our town. Its our first time doing the mail in vote. No choice in NJ.

We’ll also go over benefits. If we have the mental capacity.

It’s wednesday so I’ll do bills, file, upload receipts. 

Fafsa?

Got word that DDs school is preparing for spring return, even have a move in date. So starting to think about that again. 

Missions.

Need to rummage around in the freezer for something for dinner.

friedchickn

Oct-28

I feel like I've been going for hours. And hours.  And hours.

Cat litter done and dump run complete.  Managed to remember the bin I found that was just full of packing "fluff", as I call it, and I don't/won't need any for quite awhile.  So that bin is now empty.  The garage is a full #### show now that the boat stuff is sprawled everywhere....like wow.

Yesterday's listings went like gangbusters...and was sooooo exhausting.  Unloaded a set of bar stools, 4 sidetables/bedside tables and a bunk bed with trundle.  I have some smaller random stuff I might list on Thursday...today's task will be to just gather a pile of it and get the pictures done.  I can't deal with that 2 days in a row...

Planted the lilac tree when I got back from the dump.  Still need to dig up my rosemary...but I also need a pot to put it in and that's a bigger project involving moving several plants up in size and painting a much larger pot I bought this summer.  Maybe this weekend?

Folded yesterday's laundry and started my bras to hand wash.  I'll finish putting everything away later

Workout and a romwod.  Yesterday was a 2 part workout and included heavy back squats so I'm feeling it today.

Piano lesson at 4:15

Dog walk around noonish.  Didn't get to his claws or his bowls yesterday.

Need a grocery run for salad fixings and tonight's dinner....French Onion Mac and cheese.  Dh found the recipe...so hey, I'll oblige.

Sour dough starter may get pushed til this weekend as well....although I am afraid I'll kill it.  So I might do it tomorrow and then again on Sunday.

And I have a sweatshirt and a bikini top to mend

And it's snowing!!!!!!!

scapermom

Oct-28

Ooh hope not to much snow...

We are throwing up those sails for our Holiday Cruise! Today is Anti-Procrastination Day!

Your mission for today is to do a "What size are we?" mission! This means that you write down the sizes for your family, height, sizes for shirts, pants, pajamas, dresses, shoes etc. Place this list in your holiday planner and have them ready for when a dear friend or family member wants to bless someone in your family for the holidays. 
When they ask you "what size is little Timmy?" you won't have to do the zany brainy shuffle and try to remember what size you bought in September for school and then try to add to it since that was two months ago! Trust me, I know this trick! Make sure you do this for yourself and your spouse as well. No more racking your brain trying to remember, you have your trusty holiday planner and can refer to it whenever you need to.

Have fun with this! This one mission will save you from having to explain why little Timmy has never worn that great shirt that is two sizes too small from Aunt Sally or save you time in the returns line!
In reply toRe: msg 4
scapermom

Oct-28

Zone 5: Mission #3 Wednesday
Dear Friends: Let's have a detailed vacuuming session. This means to vacuum the room, making sure to get up against the baseboards and to get under the furniture. Please be careful that you don't hurt yourself trying to move furniture. If it is too difficult to get under the couch or chairs then just try to get as close to the base of the furniture as you can.
In reply toRe: msg 5
scapermom

Oct-28

Actually did this one yesterday.

friedchickn

Oct-28

LOL.  Does it count if I just dragged teh vacuum into the room....cause they may be all i can do today