Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, November 9th - To Do

Started Nov-9 by scapermom; 132 views.
scapermom

Nov-9

Today’s list to start the week 

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-9

With DHs new schedule I’m honestly not sure when the week starts! It’s his Wednesday, but he’s taking tomorrow off for his birthday (he’s also got a ton of vacation days left. They carry over and he’s using some around holidays but why not?)

any way it’s monday so weekly home blessing started. Stripped bed, changed towels & table linens. Cleaned kitchen island & put away all the late night snacking dishes the elves left (cleaned but not put away)

dogs been fed & out. I did a 4 minute workout. Now enjoying coffee. 
need to start laundry and kitchen cleanup 2.
Then I’m heading to grocery store to pick up some basics we’re out of. Also not sure I have meat/fish to tide us over til the butcherbox arrives. 

Debating if I should sign up again with the CSA for next year or not.

should make some calls to set up appointments. 

spoke to everyone regarding thanksgiving and still no plan. 
think that may be all I’ll muster today.

mini meatloaves for dinner (if I get to store)

friedchickn

Nov-9

This week is gonna be nuts....

The movers come at noon to move my ILs from one side to the other so I really have to get my #### going before I head over.

Dh helped me grab the moving blankets from the attic (and throw a few things up there while he was at it).  We loaded the 2 bureaus into the trailer and he already took the trailer over there.  I'm going to have the moving guys load the furniture the renter is keeping into the unit and pull the remaining furniture I need to store/sell into the trailer.

Cleaned the cooler from this weekend, pulled meat out for dinner and started my down comforter in the laundry.

Next up....bills, emails and receipts.  Week money distribution.

Dog's heartgard.

walgreens challenge

water plants

Not sure if piano practice or a workout is getting done....guess I'll just have to play that by ear and give myself some grace on that.

The big news.....while in Portland waiting for the ferry...and having a drink and a snack....dh and I decided to look for a small 1BD condo.  The housing prices are skyrocketing in that area...it'd be a great investment....and it'd be 15 min from dd's work.  We figure we'll subsidize her rent...and she'll get to be an adult.  We already have a 1/2 dozen listings we want to see and a realtor lined up for Wednesday!!!  Never a dull moment in this house....

scapermom

Nov-9

Thanks for the reminder I was supposed to give dog meds on Saturday & forgot! She takes Nexguard and heart guard but I space them at least a week. 

scapermom

Nov-9

Good luck with the hunt! I can’t keep track of all your properties as it is. I don’t know how you manage. But very smart idea!

We were considering doing something similar up in Ithaca, but with everything so up in the air we dropped that idea (would have for sure done it if dd chose Tampa. I’m still pushing for it.)

In reply toRe: msg 5
scapermom

Nov-9

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday
Dear Friends,Today your mission is to clean out under your sink. All the almost empty containers, the old nasty sponges,the grocery bags, the cleaners that you don't use,the empty jars,the clutter that just seems to pile up under the sink! While you are under there make a list of the tings you are low or out of, and add that item to your list for errand day.
friedchickn

Nov-9

We briefly considered it up in Troy but she was so adamant she wanted roommates and I wasn't interested in managing that #### show.  Turns out that was a great choice....she's had nothing but #### roommates....one after another.

It's not really that many properties....geez....we have our house and the "duplex".  This would be the 3rd.  And it's not that much of a stretch, cause I've made sure of that.  My Ils rent pays for the duplex even if I don't have an occupant in the other side.  If I have both rented...which I will for the next year (yippeeee).  Then the duplex and our house are paid for.

The "rent" we'd charge dd...would cover 1/2 the cost of the condo in the price range we are looking at.

scapermom

Nov-9

Lol what happened to the ski condo place? I could just be confused it wouldn’t be surprising... 

How are taxes up there? Ny is almost as bad as nj. 

friedchickn

Nov-9

Aren't you keeping better track?  LOL.

We sold the ski condo on the mountain to buy the house we live in now.  For a brief moment, we had a house in NH (where dd grew up) and this house in Maine....but the house in NH was a giant pain in the ass and we were ready to be done with it.  So we sold the NH house.

Property taxes in Maine are about 1/2 what they were in NH.  NH property taxes are ridiculous cause there's no income tax.....they gotta get you some how.  Maine DOES have income tax....and sales tax and tax tax...and tax tax tax...

We lived in NJ for 10 years....so yeah, I know all about Jersey taxes...