Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, November 12th - To Do

Started Nov-12 by scapermom; 145 views.
scapermom

Nov-12

What’s happening today?

friedchickn

Nov-12

OMGGGG yesterday was a whirlwind of activity and exhausting.....cleaned, emptied and staged the furniture in the rental.  Looked at 10 condos in Portland.  Came home, collected the security deposit and handed over the keys to the rental....so now I officially have 2 renters.

Ended up with another massive carload of stuff from the unit...how much crap do my ILs have.  Seriously...and they wanted to discuss the merits of each piece of debris as I'm seriously just trying to get out of there.  SIgh.  A few things dd will take....a few are straight up trash....but there's a ton that needs rehoming.  So I'm trying to work through that one piece at a time.

Came away from yesterday with 3 potential winners. Have further eliminated one of them.  So now we are down to 2.  And honestly, I'd love either one.....so there's that.  Dd is over the moon excited and completely useless on helping us decide.  LOL

So....I need to get reorganized.  I've got piles and piles and lists and lists.  Today's main goal is to try and find the bottom of my desktop.  So there's some bills that need paying and some files that need filing.  Packages and mail to open and deal with.  Etc etc

Vacuumed the master bath including the closet, after the shelving project.  Already put the closet back together and man....am I glad there's more shelves.  I'll vacuum the master bedroom later.

Yoga at 5

piano practice

walgreens challenges

toilets and cat litter

dog claws and bowls

Need to figure out a plan for dinner.

And I need to swing over to the duplex and get propane levels...

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-12

Zone 2: Mission #4 Thursday
Dear Friends, When our counter tops get cluttered with stuff the heart of our home looks bad and feels bad.Your mission today is to set your timer for 15 minutes and start putting the clutter away that has invaded these surfaces. You know those small appliances that you have only used once this month. It time to find them a new place to live. When the counters are cleared your heart is shining again.
In reply toRe: msg 3
scapermom

Nov-12

Got up late, did dog walk early. Just ate breakfast. Laundry’s going. Next is kitchen. I’ll add the mission with it. Been meaning to organize the coffee/hydration station. There’s stuff there we hardly use, so in the pantry it goes. Speaking of could use some more baskets.

One of DD’s classes was canceled due to professor needing to take her 4 year old for covid test. 
phone call to make to sister in law for her birthday.

kitchen needs a good mopping but may hold off til rain ends Saturday.

got CSA bag off porch so need to clean & store it. Still have stuff from last weeks late delivery to use up. Now I’ve got 2 big heads of red cabbage to figure out how to use. 

dinner is a big question mark. May do stir fry of leftover pork & cabbage.

In reply toRe: msg 4
scapermom

Nov-12

Today is Errand Day!!! Today is the day to get all of your non-perishables for the Holidays! Look over your meal plans and menus to form a grocery list. Break that grocery list down into perishable and non-perishable items. For today try to tackle all of the non- perishable things that you can. This means the canned goods, box goods, paper goods, etc. Get all of these items taken care of and out of the way. You will feel so good to know that you have these things ahead of time and this allows you time if you forget to pick something up.

We are making sure that we FLY through the holidays one babystep at a time!!!
In reply toRe: msg 5
scapermom

Nov-12

Need to dig out my Thanksgiving box from the basement. I most likely don’t need a thing.

friedchickn

Nov-12

As much as I'd like to find 15 min for this....I did take our keurig which we are no longer using on the regular and made it a new home downstairs at the bar.  That freed up sooooo much space.

I'd also like to improve the other counter...but I need a pantry cabinet and I'm waiting on my builder to stop ignoring me.  LOL

friedchickn

Nov-12

I ordered a Piecaken!!!! (for thanksgiving) instead of making pies this year....

scapermom

Nov-12

Never heard of it so had to look it up and mama Mia what a crazy thing lol! Though the Christmas one could be fun... 

friedchickn

Nov-13

I'd never heard of it either....but I saw it and was like....yum!!! And then realized I could save myself the effort of making 3 pies for 5 people!!!!