Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, December 24th - To Do

Started Dec-24 by scapermom; 99 views.
scapermom

Dec-24

Christmas Eve list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Dec-24

Morning underway, Lysol wiped, wash is going (washing pretty much everything on the sanitize cycle), dog out & fed, it’s 52 degrees so I threw open a window for some fresh air. High winds and rain expected later tonight - watch out Santa! Have to remember to charge devices & charge banks since not counting on DH to be up to getting the generator running - he’s shown me several times so I guess I could do it, but not in the middle of a storm.
Today’s priority is to finish wrapping! 
zoom call with family at 5 - when I should be cooking, but guess I’ll work around that. Early prep.
Dinner will be fried calamari and shrimp with cauliflower grits

friedchickn

Dec-24

I'm in such a bah humbug mood....I feel like I try every year to be happier with the holidays and well, fail.  It just feels like a big ball of obligation and extra tasks.  Yuck.

Oh well....moving along.

Dh and dd went skiing this morning.  I got about an hour of pleasant morning coffee before diving into today's extra tasks.

Made a chocolate, pretzel, pecan pie.  Cinnamon rolls for xmas breakfast.  And prepped the carrot souffle....it's a day of thing....but I can make the sugared carrot mash to prep.  The kitchen is cleaned and the dishwasher is running from my latest round....

Dh, wisely, saw that I was getting frustrated with his selfish entitled ass...and volunteered to do the bathrooms and dd volunteered to do the floors.  So I'm surfing the web a bit while I try to dial back my crabbiness....

Then I'll probably take the dog for a long ass hike since tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and wet and windy and awful.  And busy.

Dinner tonight may be pizza....assuming the one pizzeria in town is still open and serving.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!

scapermom

Dec-24

Merry Christmas