Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday, December 30th -To Do

Started Dec-30 by scapermom; 116 views.
scapermom

Dec-30

What’s on today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Dec-30

Morning underway- Lysol wiped my way through the house. Dog out and fed, kitchen tbd.

It’s Wednesday, so I’ll do desk stuff- bills, and go through the pile of papers & receipts, file the other stack. I’ll set up for DD’s spring tuition too.

Today’s Flylady mission 

This afternoon we have our zoom gift exchange with the inlaws. 
I’ll just say this - from recent conversations with my MIL - she has lost her mind. Now grant it the woman has been through a lot - including 9/11 at ground zero while it was happening, then battled cancer, so she’s certainly entitled. But DH and I need the patience of a saint when dealing with her. 
Didn’t get to the dorm list yesterday so I’ll look at it today.
DH has been wanting pizza, maybe we’ll get some tonight?  

friedchickn

Dec-30

Woke to a message from the tenants that the water heater was chirping since 3:30 am.  Um.....ok.  Called the plumber and met him there.  On a hunch, I brought 9V batteries.  And yup.....it was the smoke detector in the cold dark basement.  Sigh.  Adding "replace all smoke detector batteries at Elm" to the calendar so I can avoid that service call next year.  Live and learn.

Contractors are outside hammering away.

Dd went to grab coffee and breakfast with a neighbor's daughter....they're downstairs giggling.  

Wired funds for closing were received....always a bit sketchy.  Closing is still a GO for tomorrow at noon.  Guess I'll really have to start planning for what dd is gonna need....not that she isn't capable.  But I don't need the panicked phone calls from there either.

Need to place an amazon snack order.  Running low on supplies.

Dump day.  Cat litter and recycling mostly.

Didn't water the fig tree or do the dog claws.  So that's priority 1 and 2.

walgreens challenge

workout...4 or 5, when the contractors leave.  I'll romwod in a bit.  Toss in some side planks and I'll do some more GHD exercises

piano practice.  need to photocopy a page...always a struggle with the dumbass printer.

continue with the piles from xmas....

Thankfully dinner is out tonight!!!!!!  So at least I don't have to think about that.

friedchickn

Dec-30

I try to remind myself how frustrating it must be to get older and suddenly not be as capable as you thought you were....some days it helps....some days it doesn't.

As I was parked in front of the duplex waiting for the plumber, Poppa came out to investigate why I was there....and then wouldn't let it go.  Dude...I do not need your help....99% of the time, you need mine. I'll die before i tell him it was a smoke detector.  LOL

scapermom

Dec-30

I feel you onthe printer issues- DH needed 2 copies of his insurance card & license for the drive through Covid test - took me 3 days to get it done!

friedchickn

Dec-30

We have a printer/fax/copier/scanner thing...it's just a beast and has the biggest tantrums.  We barely use it...maybe once a month.  But everytime is a struggle.