Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, February 5th - To Do

Started Feb-5 by scapermom; 144 views.
scapermom

Feb-5

List em if ya got em 

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Feb-5

Distraction city here...thankfully DH goes back tomorrow. 
morning tasks done.

texting with dd - she’s been sending pics of her meals. They’ve got this reusable box system since it’s all grab and go. It’s confusing tho. She’s not using all the meals we’re being forced to pay for, she ends up with leftovers to eat for another meal. 
have 4 min workout s, maybe some arm work, and a plank?

dog walk shortly 

todays fly mission 

go through another stack/declutter 

maybe vacuum one of DD’s rooms? Wondering if I should leave her bed unmade or not 

took out scallops for dinner 

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Feb-5

Could certainly do this

Zone 1: Mission #5 Friday
Dear Friends, Today, let's sparkle up the Dining Room Table and Chairs. If you don't have a Dining Room set, no problem, do this mission on the kitchen table.
Set your timer for 15 minutes. Wipe down the tops, the edges, and the legs on your Dining Room Table. Give the chairs a wipe too. Don't ask us about cleaning chemicals, use whatever cleaning and polishing supplies you normally use for your furniture.
When you are done, put on a pretty table cloth or some pretty candles. Your table will look lovely!
friedchickn

Feb-5

The unused meals on the meal plan used to drive me friggin bonkers....some colleges allow you to at least donate the meals you won't be using to other students.  Not hers.  And if you lived in the dorm, which you were required to for the first 2 years, then you had to have at least the 15 plan.  Which doesn't sound like a lot and yet, dd would end up with 5-8 meals a week unused.  More Sophmore year when the dorm/apartment had a kitchen.  

friedchickn

Feb-5

Trying to plan out the next 2 weeks and I'm gonna have a stroke...I swear.

Dh found a boat, in Michigan, and after alot of back and forth...he's put in an offer.  It's contingent on a number of things but the big one is that "I" get on it and make sure it's what I want.  I have noone to blame but myself....I am completely incapable of visualizing things.  So...after 100's of pictures and several videos....I'm still confused and unsure.  So...off to Michigan we go. (I have no idea how people buy houses sight unseen...NONE)

The insurance kicked GG out.  He has/had 48 hours.  We managed to convince him to take a 30 day trial of an assisted living.  He thinks it's a free 30 day trial and noone wants to correct him on that notion.  Problem is he has to have quarantined for 14 days and he's only been in the rehab for like 9 or so....so we have to pay out of pocket for him to continue to occupy the bed he's in while he ages out of quarantine.  And then there's what he'll need for the assisted living.  I'm getting a list in the next couple days and that'll mean a trip to NH to gather and drop off.  Meanwhile his house still looks like a crime scene....sigh.

And dd....I have her 4 foot tall rubber tree, a rolling ladder and a tv mount to install...and well, I miss her.  She's obviously been taking a back burner during all this GG crap.  So we're trying to make Saturday work for her...

Arrgghhhh

But today is just today.

Romwod and a plank.  I'll do the workout and the GHD work when I get back from the farmer's market.

Shift at the farmer's market...and pick up my chow.

Lunch is leftovers.  Dinner is the sandwiches we didn't have yesterday cause our friend, a chef, made us a special so....we were kinda obliged.  It WAS DELICIOUS!!!!  

piano practice.

more taxes

1 more chapter

exhaustion....

on the plus side....I just ordered myself an electric kettle....so I'm excited about that

scapermom

Feb-5

They’re requiring a 20 meal a week plan plus $230 in food ‘bucks’ to be used by end of semester (or lost) at retail places on campus (that aren’t even open yet) talk about a money grab. Also the way it works she can only have 2 containers at a time, so she can’t even get the rest of the meals she’s owed until she returns those containers. 
being able to donate the unused meals would be a great solution! Going to mention it to her to see if maybe she can start something there.

scapermom

Feb-5

Hope the GG situation works out. Assisted living sounds like the best solution for all involved.

friedchickn

Feb-6

Alot of the places you can use "food bucks"...will allow you to order bulk at the end of the semester.  Dd's school bookstore would let kids order cases of granola bars and stuff to use it or lose it.  You should have her look into that...

scapermom

Feb-6

Will do - thanks for the tip!