Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, February 16th - To Do

Started Feb-16 by scapermom; 91 views.
scapermom

Feb-16

What’s today’s plan?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Feb-16

Is mercury in retrograde or something? Crazy morning- was just about to have coffee and got a call from my brother in law (who’s in the city with my sister) well he was frantic because he hasn’t heard from my nephew/his son (26) since yesterday- they have been chatting every morning before he heads to work. He’s left messages, called his workplace, no sign, not a peep. he was imagining the worst. So I offered to take a ride over there. I get off his exit and get a call from my brother in law that he f’in overslept! My poor BIL was steaming. Sigh so now I’m back home with a fresh cup. Ready to take 2 and start my day.

Dog was out but not fed, next is laundry and kitchen cleanup.
just Heard from a girlfriend who needed help answering a homework question for her son who’s in UMass. Hey it’s a way to stay connected. Apparently they are all online now due to a surge in cases. 
now DH is texting... not getting a thing done!

15 mins decluttering and Flymission- don’t even know what zone we’re in, but will find out 

Now texting with DD - they have the day off as part of spring break mini breaks they instituted instead of givin a whole week off so no one leaves campus. It also snowed 6-9 more inches there. She missed breakfast. 
dog walk later. 
want to spend 10 mins on the stationary bike and maybe some arm work?

we tried finishing leftovers last night so I’ll make the chicken fried cauliflower rice tonight - just need to prep the giant cauliflower ahead of time.

friedchickn

Feb-16

Just more of the same.  Weather is awful outside...cold, rainy wet snow.  It's gross.

Just finished my weekly call to GG.  Lots of ranting about things we've already covered....sigh.  It's a struggle.  Biggest complaint he had...and kept having...my MIL hasn't called him yet.  So I called my ILs afterwards and they just laughed...they don't want to talk to him and think it's funny.  WTF.  It's not like I like him and I take the friggin 15 min to call.  If we all just take turns it won't be such a burden on dh.  heck dd calls once a week.  meanwhile....all they do is ask how they can help....it's a useless question...asked to make themselves feel better.  Hey I have something ...CALL GG.  

Ordered a few bathing suit pieces off Thredup.  Hoping they fit.  They're the brand I like...but you never know.  Wishful thinking of sand and water and boat season ahead...

Romwod, plank, GHD and the workout....I'm so sore from yesterday.

piano practice.

dog bowl.  skipping the claws...might make him another kennel appt next week to have them done.

never got to changing the linens yesterday...instead I spent some quality time with my plants.  Repotted a bunch, made some new clippings...

Dinner?  Think I might pull a freezer meal.

15 min of taxes and I never got to read yesterday....

Yesterday just escaped....and today is looking kinda similar...arrgghhh.

friedchickn

Feb-16

That does sound like a crazy morning.

Was there a reason your BIL would be so nervous about a single missed call from a 26 yo?

Poor dd missing breakfast...does she have a supply of bars or something to hold her over?

A bunch of schools have gone full remote again...guess reentry didn't go as planned...dd's is still hybrid.  Not that she cares.  

scapermom

Feb-16

I think it’s just a build up of everything going down the shitter around him. He’s having a hard time being on his own in the big city - actually complained that a cup of coffe at the hole in the wall deli he found was 1.50! I was like - that’s cheap! Also between my sister being sick, his brother is up in a lake George hospital or rehab with complications from Covid and he of course hasn’t been able to see him, so i think this was his tipping point and his mind went to worse case scenario when he couldn’t reach his son. He was in tears with me on phone. it really wasn’t like him I was pretty surprised.

Yes heard about Cornell, umass & Fordham rose hill (still on parent page, & was just lamenting to myself how she could have gone there tho Lincoln center campus, and been so much closer) with a surge in cases. Keeping fingers crossed for DD’s school - they fraternize with Cornell usually but they put a big kibosh on that right away. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
scapermom

Feb-16

Zone 3: Mission #2 Tuesday
Dear Friends,Today we are going to make time for the office! I want you to pick a pile and set your timer for 15 minutes to go through it. Don't pick up more than you can get through in 15 minutes. I do not want you to overwhelm yourself. Rely on your timer for this mission.
friedchickn

Feb-16

Oh boy....can she see my piles???