Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, November 5th - To Do

Started 11/5/21 by scapermom; 169 views.
friedchickn

11/5/21

So I broke down and decided to get a cleaning lady.  I hate doing toilets, so why am I?  She's coming on Monday to take a walk thru...I'm gonna go with 1 hr a week at $30.  Toilets, master bath and vacuuming.  I think I can totally handle the rest and this will give me more ME time.  Which I deserve, damn it.

Says the lady of leisure....hey I'm in recovery

Dishwasher started.  made dh bring up the laundry and test the hot tub.  Well....I tested the hot tub but the cover is a small lift and I can't/shouldn't.

Lunch with a few friends at noon.  Then I'll swing by the grocery for a handful of items.

piano practice

read some more

rest some more

oh....and a dog walk, let's not forget the poor dog.

scapermom

11/5/21

Good for you regarding the cleaning lady! It will be a great help I’m sure.

Just getting back here. I spent the morning helping DH get himself out the door to go pick up DD and take her back here so we can all go to a family wedding on Sunday. (I got her bus tickets for the thanksgiving break, so he doesn’t have to get her. For winter break he’ll go since she’ll be brining stuff home I guess.)

DD FaceTimed me to tell me about her meeting with her advisor this morning. 2 classes she wants are almost full, but she has a backup plan. She’s really impressively on top of it. 

I did manage to get my morning stuff done in between, I’m on my 2nd load of laundry. Refreshed DDs sheets too.

GOt in a 4 min workout without the squats, but knee is still twingey. Will do some arms in a few. 

Zone mission & holiday mission - need to go through emails. 

Also want to do a run through of my outfit for the wedding to make sure I have what I need, and it all fits.

Dog is getting into full shed mode, so I need to brush her. Her water bowl needs attention as well.

Going to make a chicken soup recipe I saw on the Wegmans site the other day. DH said they’ll be stopping to eat on the way back since he doesn’t want to deal with jersey rush hour traffic. We’ll see though. They haven’t stopped yet. I’ll have food if they want it.

friedchickn

11/5/21

Could she take a car?  Would that help with poor dh's constant driving (dd, his parents, etc)

scapermom

11/5/21

Yeah, that would be the normal thing. This is what happens when I leave stuff up to DH. He has been on the verge of buying her a car for a while. He’s a researcher, and gets stuck in a loop. She on the other hand really doesn’t care what she drives. If she pushed it or just said, oh I like this one, it would be done. 2 peas in a pod they are…. Drive me batty.  Oh and the old Toyota my FIL gave her that was his wouldn’t make it up there in one piece. 

friedchickn

11/6/21

Ahhh. Gotcha. Just figured he must be run ragged. And at our age, that takes a real toll

scapermom

11/8/21

The crazy thing is he loves to drive. He always says he should have been a trucker or someone who drives for a living. 

I worked on DD this weekend to narrow down what car she likes. Best I got was ‘a hatchback’ - but it’s something at least.

friedchickn

11/8/21

Big money in trucking right now...maybe it's time for a switch?